You are not logged in.

#76 2015-09-14 17:07:49

Billax
Ivy Original.

Re: Female ivy or the Seven Sisters look

There was a COMPLETE look for the Seven Sisters during the heyday of the Ivy League Look. Among the items worn during the early sixties were:

• Peter Pan collars
• Wrapped Tartan skirts with bed pin closures
• knee socks
• Weejuns

To my eyes, it was VERY textured and feminine!

#77 2015-09-14 17:22:55

Billax
Ivy Original.

#78 2015-09-14 22:45:15

Harry08

Fantastic collection of images and information there Billax.

#79 2015-09-15 07:51:21

Thee Captain

He came he saw he gave the WANKER SIGN! Moved on from Talk Bollocks now as it's well shite innit and y'all look MINGIN'..
I Lunge Therefore I Am #theecaptainofsuave
https://www.mixcloud.com/TheeCaptainOfSuave

#80 2015-09-15 09:13:27

Harpo
The Best In The West

Randy lower-class trifler

#81 2022-05-20 09:17:36

AFS

As Muffy's name has come floating up and she's become a 'Talk Ivy' object of unrequited adoration, how about a little bump for this?
Who was 'Ivy Girl'?  Some imagined - possibly with justification - that it was Jimbo Frosty with a short skirt on. 
I retain an open mind.
Somewhere - elsewhere - years and years ago there was at least one nice photograph of US Ivy girls.

#82 2022-05-20 09:29:01

AFS

Yikes: someone or other on her IG page is wearing a 'Burberry' scarf.  That could only be worn, without blushing, by an American (or, at any rate, someone non-English like my younger daughter's chum, who is from Leipzig).  That's not the Lady Muff her own sweet self, is it?  If so, someone should have a quiet word in her shell-like.  No, not gently nibble it before moving on to other, stickier activities, simply have a quiet word.
Imagine sashaying into Chiltern Street like that.

#83 2022-05-20 09:43:41

RobbieB

Burberry scarves were very popular with Finnish ladies some years back.
I sometimes wear a Barbour scarf because I like the check pattern.

'I am a closet optimist' Leonard Cohen.

#84 2022-05-21 01:51:52

AFS

I can't see young English women embracing the look any time soon.  They have, after all, only recently made a heavy investment in their artfully torn jeans (about a decade ago, I should think, looking at them).  They would also have to divest themselves of their various external piercings (clit and nipple rings need not be affected) and pay several visits to the local skin grafter for tattoo removal. 
Let us simply hope that Muffy Aldrich does not sport a butterfly or Celtic gibberish on her left buttock.

#85 2022-05-21 02:15:58

RobbieB

Maybe a lobster?

#86 2022-05-21 02:20:26

AFS

LOL!

#87 2022-05-21 02:25:54

AFS

Robbie, is it just my hazy imagination and failure to recollect accurately but didn't young women look a tad tastier circa 1969/70?  That kind of semi - and not always semi - insolent, gum-chewing, Number Six chuffing, Crombie wearing, feather cut, Julie Driscoll type appearance?  This is, it goes without saying, in the UK - the working class areas of the UK at that.  I do remember, come 1973, my recently acquired step-sister looking very desirable with her blonde hair and stripy tank tops, purple flares, clumpy shoes etc.  I met up with her again fairly recently, though, and she now looks very careworn working as a paramedic.

#88 2022-05-21 02:55:16

RobbieB

There are still good looking women around. I hired a car last weekend and I arrived to find a tall, good looking girl jet washing one of the cars. She came into the office and it turns out she is the manager. Wonderful Yorkshire accent, no nonsense approach and efficient. As she showed me to the car I realised she was about 6ft tall, wearing loafers and we were looking eye to eye.
I was smitten. My 5ft tall wife, seeing me go weak at the knees pointed out that she had had some work done to her lips and had a trout like expression. Ha.

#89 2022-05-21 07:26:10

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate

I’m in a FB group for the seaside town where I grew up. The other day someone posted a picture from the early 70s of a dozen or so local teenage lads and lasses on the beach in their cozzies. The first thing that struck you about the picture and which generated several comments like ‘no Macdonalds then’ was that everyone in the picture was thin. Although I didn’t like to spend too long poring over pictures of young girls (purely in case I recogniised any of them)  I couldn’t help noticing how fresh and natural looking they were compared to many you see today. One difference I do notice is that far more young women have large breasts now than used to be the case when I was growing up. In fact there was only one girl in my year at school who had especially large breasts and we used to speculate , sometimes in front of her,  that she stuffed her bra with cotton wool. Later she kindly permitted me to confirm that this was not the case.

'I'm not that keen on the Average Look .......ever'. 
John Simons

Achievements: banned from the Ivy Style FB Group

#90 2022-05-21 07:56:18

Spendthrift

Lucky you!

I remember a family trip to the US around the late 80’s. We just couldn’t believe how large (fat) people were. I vividly remember my mum pointing to someone walking down the road slurping from a massive ‘cup’n’straw’.

Wouldn’t draw a glance over here now.

#91 2022-05-21 16:08:43

RobbieB

I was living in a Canada in 1993 and my mother in law from Finland visited us  We took her to Niagara Falls and I remember that instead of enjoying the falls she was looking in the other direction as obese Americans got off the buses  at the terminal. She had never seen such large people before.

Board footer