You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-26 05:12:45

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

What Still Works?

Brunch today with an old chum. A lady one. Nothing wrong with being one of them. I'm no snob.

... ... ... ... ...

We arm wrestled for the bill at the end with the usual clause that the victor has to pay & also kiss the loser.

... And I'm amazed that that old trick still works.

The waiter may well now think that I'm a tad limp-wristed, but I'm the one getting free meals and snogs off Tottie down from The Smoke.

(Either that or he could see that she was patronising me up to the hilt...)

Any other old tricks to share?

#2 2009-09-14 06:02:01

Moose Maclennan
Ivy Inspiration

Re: What Still Works?

Apparently, I am rumoured in the workplace to be comfortably and independently wealthy smile

Easily done by making an effort getting dressed, not worrying, and driving the most disreputable car on the lot.
A little like how the bearded old boy with a front garden full of shopping trolleys and every room in the house shoulder-deep with rubbish is reputed to be a millionaire.

#3 2009-09-14 08:19:30

Brownshoe

Wear a bow tie.

My madras bow was siezed by a drunken bridesmaid at a wedding.  "Very handsome," she slurred prettily.  Me or the tie?  Anway we made out behind some trees.

A woman cutting my hair was once so taken with my "style clothes" and bow in particular that she repeatedly raked her fingernails up and down my person while making growly cat noises.  She had a thick Korean accent and I couldn't really make out most of what she was saying, but I was aroused and got the impression she was up for it.  But I was cowed by the other customers, the fact that she was at work, and the language barrier, and didn't pursue.

Both episodes left me with renewed respect and affection for the maligned bow, a frippery that I'm ambivalent about but occasionally enjoy.

#4 2009-09-14 10:17:33

Moose Maclennan
Ivy Inspiration

A praiseworthy plea for the predominantly pooh-poohed poof propeller!

#5 2009-09-14 10:20:41

Brownshoe

Precisely!

#6 2009-09-14 10:23:36

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

I think that proportion is all with the bow. A thing that takes real skill to play well.

It's beyond me.

So what do we like? Bat Wing or what?

Thnx -

#7 2009-09-14 10:24:56

Brownshoe

Smaller is better, for me.  Shape unimportant.

...that's what she said!

Board footer