You are not logged in.

#1 2009-09-14 13:38:26

KCKclassic

Here 2 play nice....

.....in all the reindeer games.

OK----maybe I rubbed a few the wrong way with my un-birthday thread, if so....well I don't really apologize, but so it goes.

I'm glad I found this site. Slower traffic to be sure, but 11 times out of ten more insightful, and more laughs to be had!

FWIW- I am 28, live in Kansas City in the smack dab of The US. Not a bad city really, and I've been aroud enough to feel comfortable with that statement.

Style wise I can't say I adhere to Ivy, Trad, yada.......Being a current full time student (again, yeesh) I don't have much opportunity for suited sartorial finery, and being in the IT field means that the opportunities won't likely increase. That said I attempt to keep it classic and casual as best I can. Daily collared shirts, more often than not an OCDB, flat front pants, loafers, boat shoes, wallabees, cords, shetlands (just got a lovely bottle green one), polos, madras, plain jeans, all staples for me. Assembled together in a somewhat haphazard manner, hoping to avoid the curse of the costume. Generally speaking it all carries a rather slim fit as well, since I am a lean guy, worked to be that way, and don't want to hide it.
If anything I'd consider the combo to lean towards a campus classic look, if pressed to define and defend. In practice it sets me apart from most of my peers but not in an overbearing manner. Its my niche, the clothes looked good back in the day, and still hold up. Ain't broke, don't fix it.

I do enjoy poking fun at the trads, but that holds true for Anyone who takes themselves too seriously, life is far too short for that noise.

Gotta add I love getting a perspective from across the pond. I've always had a bit of the anglophile in me. Wait, that could be mis-construed quite badly......

So there is me (Clothing forum edition), take it or leave it. It really won't matter to me either way, at the end of the day I'll just "skin up" as you lot say and chuckle to myself. But seriously, take care all!

*thomas campbell*

Some people hate the English, I don't, they're just wankers. We, on the other hand, were colonized by wankers, Can't even pick a decent culture to be colonized by...

#2 2009-09-14 13:46:20

Moose Maclennan
Ivy Inspiration

Re: Here 2 play nice....

#3 2009-09-14 13:54:56

Brownshoe

My Kansas City brutha!

Overland Park Reprazent!

Okay, enough of that.  Liked your post.

#4 2009-09-14 14:03:55

DB

Welcome.

#5 2009-09-14 14:33:58

Long_Playing

Lean, young Americans unite!

#6 2009-09-14 15:10:49

ScarletStreet

^ It is kind of nice not to be the only late twenty-something American around these parts.

"All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it." -- H.L. Mencken

#7 2009-09-14 15:17:28

Hard Bop Hank
Ivy Soul Brother

Welcome on board!

“No Room For Squares”
”All political art is bad – all good art is political.”
"Would there be any freedom of press or speech if one must reduce his vocabulary to vapid innocuous euphemisms?"

#8 2009-09-15 01:02:26

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

Looks like you're a hit!

Welcome.

You can play nasty too, you know. It's all fun.

Board footer