You are not logged in.

#26 2009-11-03 17:26:33

ScarletStreet

Re: Shirt Ads

I think the proper term is "vibist". Not that it really matters.

"All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it." -- H.L. Mencken

#27 2009-11-04 07:27:32

Yuca

some sort of banal legitimacy

#28 2009-11-04 07:28:38

Yuca

Last edited by Yuca (2009-11-04 07:28:54)

some sort of banal legitimacy

#29 2009-11-04 12:02:34

The Ace Face

Corduroy wanted to be the houseband in the best swinging-60's film imaginable. That was the image, and maybe that was their substance too.  Sex Mob did an album on a similar theme 'Sex Mob does Bond' the soundtrack to an imaginary Bond film - superb liquid MDMA bliss versions of 'You Only Live Twice' and 'Nobody Does It Better'.

Fela was something else, saw his son Femi at an African music festival in the Hague about four years ago, he was full of fire and the dancers were shaking their rump in a most intoxicating way. He was shaking his fist with the anger of all that is wrong with Africa.  Heard him being interviewed on the radio once, he was saying how Bono had it all wrong, no good cancelling Africa's debt, you need to change the culture of corruption. Ofcourse, the West isn't interested in that......international thief, thief, international thief, thief.....

Last edited by The Ace Face (2009-11-04 12:03:47)

Draped and sculpted hep cat suit - as worn by His Royal Hepness, Cab Calloway

#30 2009-11-05 17:31:27

Hard Bop Hank
Ivy Soul Brother

“No Room For Squares”
”All political art is bad – all good art is political.”
"Would there be any freedom of press or speech if one must reduce his vocabulary to vapid innocuous euphemisms?"

#31 2009-11-08 09:49:29

Prof Kelp
Professor of Ivy

http://thetownoutside.tumblr.com

#32 2009-11-08 23:26:37

bubblesbane

While polos are traditionally striped, they are now available in just about every color in the rainbow. That means that polos don't always have to be a preppy style of clothing. Change up your look with a bright orange or yellow polo, or look for ones with solid colors, argyle or other designs that liven up the look. Even in a corporate setting on a casual Friday, a brightly colored polo looks right at home. To accentuate a great tan, choose brighter colors like pink or orange. If you're mixing and layering with other clothes, choose patterns in neutral colors so that the look flows together.

Layering
You may think that because of the collar on your polo that it doesn't lend well to being layered. However, you can use your polo as a piece of your outfit to layer and add dimension to your look. For a conservative look, wear a polo underneath a heavier sweater. For a cool, metro look, try a polo under a lightweight jacket. If you're looking for something more urban, consider wearing two polos layered over each other. Mix up the colors so that you have interesting and contrasting color combinations. Pink and green look fresh together, while light blue and dark blue look sophisticated. Play around with your polos to find a look that is uniquely you.

#33 2009-11-09 01:57:51

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

I'd offer that Polo shirts (the term used not in the Brooksian sense) are not traditionally striped.

Also, a Polo under a 'heavier' sweater? Interesting. I'd save them for Cotton, Lambswool or Merino, but that's just me.

What are your thoughts on wearing a tie with your polo shirts, Bubblesbane?

The yellow Polo was very Preppy, btw. Ditto pretty much any pastel or hot colour.

- I'd welcome your thoughts on all of this as a fellow forum member, BB.

Best -

Jim

Board footer