You are not logged in.

#1 2009-11-23 19:44:21

A.Squire

fan club registry

Though millions have come, there's still room for one.  <smile, self effacement actually IS my strong suit>

lol

I only post because some have asked if I'm 'catching spies' these days.  Two similar houses, but let it be known that A.Squire's batteries have run out of juice and though he still makes the rounds, he does so only as a reader.

*know I love each of you dearly

Al

#2 2009-11-23 21:34:18

A.Squire

Re: fan club registry

25 'hits' and still not a single signature--an aspirant without backing?  oh how times change--I'd have received two votes for governor and three death threats a year ago.

I remain 'optometrist'ic  (shout out to The Scottish Eye doc, though the record will show I never fell for that)

#3 2009-11-23 22:07:22

ScarletStreet

It's late night over on their side of the Atlantic. Anyone who has any interest in your post is probably not awake to read it.

"All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it." -- H.L. Mencken

#4 2009-11-24 02:20:31

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

Funny old Net isn't it, Allen?

Cheers!

Jim

#5 2009-11-24 09:51:07

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

Actually, Mr. A.Squire, don't you want to put any distance between yourself & Spycatcher?

You say 'two similar houses' when you talk of yourself & him...

Really?

#6 2009-11-24 11:37:48

Brownshoe

Put me down as a Squire fan.  Missed you.

#7 2009-11-24 11:42:46

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

- And as I know he's not SC I'm very happy to say so.

I'd still like some Trad, any Trad, to take issue with SC though. You'd expect this place to take issue with him, what I'd like is for others to question him too.

Unless of course they inhabit 'similar houses' to him...

#8 2009-11-24 12:21:38

mike

Russell_Street wrote:

- And as I know he's not SC I'm very happy to say so.

I'd still like some Trad, any Trad, to take issue with SC though. You'd expect this place to take issue with him, what I'd like is for others to question him too.

Unless of course they inhabit 'similar houses' to him...

SC is no trad, a true died in the wool old school trad would never talk about the things he talked about in public

You love him? He is hephaistion.

#9 2009-11-24 13:50:48

Alex Roest

mike wrote:

SC is no trad, a true died in the wool old school trad would never talk about the things he talked about in public

My guess would have been like that, but I'm glad to see this notion confirmed anyhow ( by one of the 'good guys' as far as I can tell ). As an aside I'd also like to state I've never thought it necessary there should be a divide between Europe ( which obviously includes the UK ) and the USA, when we're talking clothes ( and beyond ). As a matter of fact the whole reason for TI to exist in the first place is a certain common bond, or so I like to think. In other words : what we do share ( sartorially and otherwise ) is more important than anything else. Thanks for reading.....

#10 2009-11-24 14:07:56

AQG

Alex, for what it is worth, I rather doubt that old Catcher is an American at all.

"AGQ, although your clobber is decent on the eye, it's so f*ckin bland, it's scary... You could get a bus down your trousers and it's standard vulture capitalist stylee to my eye."

The Style Councillor

#11 2009-11-24 14:10:24

Alex Roest

AQG wrote:

Alex, for what it is worth, I rather doubt that old Catcher is an American at all.

You might very well be right in that AQG, in one way or another. You're one of the good guys as well, no doubt in my mind about that cool

#12 2009-11-24 19:22:02

tripchauncey

Glad to see ol Squire's foot in the door,, as they whot?

This ol spycatcher charade is tiresome, eh?  As is the ol attack on trad.   but so be it.

#13 2009-11-24 19:37:27

AQG

tripchauncey wrote:

This ol spycatcher charade is tiresome, eh?  As is the ol attack on trad.   but so be it.

Are these two things not one and the same?  Or at least parts of a whole?

"AGQ, although your clobber is decent on the eye, it's so f*ckin bland, it's scary... You could get a bus down your trousers and it's standard vulture capitalist stylee to my eye."

The Style Councillor

#14 2009-11-25 02:15:53

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

This is your net: troll vs troll vs troll vs troll.

#15 2009-11-25 02:41:00

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

tripchauncey wrote:

Glad to see ol Squire's foot in the door,, as they whot?

Absolutely - Anyone is welcome here.

If you are happy with the current state of 'Trad' then I agree - Why critique it? Why seek to improve it?

I know SC to be kosher (a word to make him shudder) but there's no doubt he's enjoying himself over here. On The Curriculum his voice is quite different... But then again so is mine.

Best -

Board footer