You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » Talk Ivy
  •  » Tradism, Spycatcher and san fairy ann to all of that

#1 2009-12-06 02:20:10

The Ace Face

Tradism, Spycatcher and san fairy ann to all of that

Our beguiling member Spycatcher attempted to rally the ranks on behalf of the Trad universe with fears of the camp being overrun by cuturally inferior natives. Since the last full moon, I have been in a decompression chamber coming up from those fathomless caverns immeasurable to man, with my trusty tomes of Colerdige, Shelley, Blake, Kerouac, Ginsberg and Burroughs to give good council. This message is brought to you from radio Stalingrad, somewhere near the Atlantic Approaches, from a bunker that last saw action during WWII plotting the progress of the Atlanic convoys and implementing tactics to defeat the u-boat menance.

Before we rally to the Tradism cause, its definition is still up for debate and is shrouded in misty, myopic and rose tinted visions of a utopian and wholesome past. It is allied to morals, decency and American cheese, just like Willy Loman.

Tradism is the fetish manifestation of a nostalgic, aching saudade for a time of cultural dominance. It is a rear guard action by a beleagered garrison,  deserted by its greedy elite who have moved the means of technological innovation and production to the endentured communist slave labour factories of the East.

Tradism has yet to define its enemy, its enemy is within, whilst its armies are engaged in global conflict, all that it holds dear is being defeated and eroded from the vulture 'capitalists' from within. Let the market decide they said, unbridle us from regulations and yes, the biggest ponzi scheme in history was engaged, fed on greed, BS and a compliant media.

The hirelings are in the court, camp and universities.

Tradism is being overrun because its members have given the culturally inferior cultures the means to become advanced and innovative.

What has this to do with clothing?  Everything, in the cloistered realm of the Trad. 

Will Tradism have the courage to take the next step and become a revolutionary movement, instead of mincing around like peacocks on the Fora, will they arm themselves for the inevitable revolution?  For Tradism must become revolutionary to fulfil its manifest destiny, for return of the old order.

Ivy-League is engaged in evolution, not revolution. This is the difference.

"Man's yesterday may never be like his morrow; Nought may endure but Mutability." Percy Shelley.

Draped and sculpted hep cat suit - as worn by His Royal Hepness, Cab Calloway

#2 2009-12-06 02:36:33

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

Re: Tradism, Spycatcher and san fairy ann to all of that

Mmmmmm -

Shall I unban the SpyCatcher to answer?

Please stand well back.

#3 2009-12-06 05:28:19

Matt
Ivy Original.

Since I'm sure that all have seen it, it can't be necessary to post the link, but this leads into a new multi page thread on AAAT, buy a young guy from Utah that is filled with his need to discuss; "Trad history, philosophy, ascetics, or some such". It is one of these endless naval gazing threads that veers into shaving, etc., and makes your hair hurt.

The guy may well be a troll, as he has drawn in a fair number of posts that seem to take all of this seriously, even though it seems to have little or nothing to do with clothes.

Patrick tried to get the thing put into perspective, but with little success, so far. To paraphrase Patrick's post, he seemed to be trying to tactfully say"grow up, this is utter nonsense".

This seems to be the kind of stuff that drove Cooley nuts, when he still posted there.

A vaccine to prohibit young men from contracting this malady would be s significant breakthrough for our civilization.

#4 2009-12-06 05:35:20

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

If only we could get them to move beyond it.

This crap pulls in the punters, but can we ever get them to grow upwards & onwards afterwards?

The best we can hope for is that the pond scum will spend money & keep our various favourite shops going for us.

#5 2009-12-06 09:53:55

Patrick

My effort failed. But hey, guys have to go through this. Like hearing "Kind of Blue" for the first  time, proceeding to beat the hell out of it, and then realizing belatedly that  "Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out" is a better party record, most of the time.

Otter : Take it easy, I'm pre-law.
Boon : I thought you were pre-med.
Otter : What's the difference?

#6 2009-12-06 10:30:52

The Ace Face

Ah yes, the aesthetics of Tradism in action:
Does anyone wear trad strictly for business/economic reasons; in order to advance their career by actively managing their image?
UNQUOTE

Could be old Chinny-Chenners he is refering to there.

Draped and sculpted hep cat suit - as worn by His Royal Hepness, Cab Calloway

#7 2009-12-07 05:58:48

mike

You love him? He is hephaistion.

#8 2009-12-07 09:48:46

Trad to the Bone

#9 2009-12-07 11:31:27

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

It 'took the current temperature' of the forum quite well I thought...

It's funny how these things mutate online. Trad today is very different to Trad in '06, which again was very different to Trad in '04.

I think that after five years online we should be allowed a 'back to basics' movement now to reconnect with the original intent of Trad.

... An idea I first floated in '06 on AAAT in response to the decadence of the construct already by then.

Maybe it's time for a regrouping now before the construct gets even more baroque?

IMHO.

#10 2009-12-08 05:03:35

mike

#11 2009-12-08 05:11:54

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

Last edited by Russell_Street (2009-12-08 05:14:51)

#12 2009-12-08 05:15:41

mike

#13 2009-12-08 05:24:50

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

... if i kizzed you wood U mind?

#14 2009-12-08 05:26:39

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

... Tell me why the Calling Card is the ultimate Trad accessory?

iCrap!

#15 2009-12-08 05:33:33

mike

#16 2009-12-08 20:33:28

Patrick

Otter : Take it easy, I'm pre-law.
Boon : I thought you were pre-med.
Otter : What's the difference?

#17 2009-12-09 02:02:59

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

smile

#18 2009-12-09 10:41:55

Big Tony

"What sort of post-apocalyptic deathscape is this?"
"I don't want to look like a cock hungry sailor after all !!!"
"When it comes to infidelity, broken families, and reckless fatherhood, the underclass are amateurs."

#19 2009-12-09 11:17:12

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

#20 2009-12-09 11:18:23

mike

• Index
  •  » Talk Ivy
  •  » Tradism, Spycatcher and san fairy ann to all of that

Board footer