You are not logged in.

#1 2009-12-21 02:57:58

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

What a Pyle...

These threads come up & down - Alden's ongoing defence of Trad & The Curriculum where he disproves Trad & The Curriculm with every post whilst claiming to support both those trollish constructs.

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88702

Up here on Mount Olympus we always smile at all of this, as we play our usual games with human chess pieces...

But we have to ask:

Is Alden thick (one of them)?

Or is Alden clever (One of us)?

I know him under a couple of names & still cannot work him out.

Help?

His input is good, but his arguments are stupid. Is this deliberate?

Is he a satire or a genuine muppet?

He just seems too smart to be so into all of this. Why can he not move on from entry-level 'Trad'?

... I wonder if God is also puzzled by many of His creations? He must know how I feel...

#2 2009-12-21 05:03:23

mike

Re: What a Pyle...

i thought he was you

You love him? He is hephaistion.

#3 2009-12-21 05:10:47

Moose Maclennan
Ivy Inspiration

#4 2009-12-21 05:30:17

Moose Maclennan
Ivy Inspiration

^
supernatural shoulders!

#5 2009-12-21 05:53:30

Matt
Ivy Original.

Interesting question. To me, most of Alden's  contributions are excellent. It is always easy to judge a contribution by what it is possible to learn from them, and the degree of the posters appreciation of TNSIL clothing. I have learned a lot from his posts, and the details that he posts from old ads, etc, would seem to be an indication of real appreciation of the style.

The satirical part has escaped me, up to this point. Also, I am slow enough, that I have missed his use of other user names.

The net is funny. No bar to admission. AAAC still has some occasional learning experiences, for me. However, you have to wade through those, like Cruiser, who pathologically seek attention (Hey look at me, my ex wife, my jeans and white sneakers.....You don't like it ? Let's argue about it until I wear you out...... To those like Howard. At one time I thought that Howard was a troll, and that no one could possibly be that dumb. After reading Howard's posts for a number of years, it looks like he really has an IQ of about 50.) To me, Squire had witty posts, and a look at Ivy from a different part of the US, than the East Coast, etc.

AK seems to be an internet hemorrhoid. Andy, a harmless, genuinely good guy, under the illusion that working part time in a RL store makes him a clothing expert. However, it doesn't take long to learn to absorb what  you want, and to ignore the rest.

But that is the net. You block that  out, and look for the posts of Rsmeyers, most of Alden's, etc. Take your pick. The price is the same.

#6 2009-12-22 04:54:32

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

The most important thing is that Alden doesn't stop!

He argues for Trad and the Curric., & then backs it up with documentary proof which trashes Trad and the Curric.

He can only be a satiric genius.

Surely?

#7 2009-12-25 05:02:14

Matt
Ivy Original.

Because of this thread, I payed particular attention to some of his recent posts. I've missed all but the best from him. He really knows TNSIL and doesn't mind educating the rest of us. You can soon learn which contributors to ignore, and which ones to pay attention to.

To me, all of his posts fall in the later category. Maybe he also posts as "Cruiser" for grins, but I really savor the Alden posts.

#8 2009-12-26 10:04:35

Big Tony

"What sort of post-apocalyptic deathscape is this?"
"I don't want to look like a cock hungry sailor after all !!!"
"When it comes to infidelity, broken families, and reckless fatherhood, the underclass are amateurs."

#9 2009-12-26 12:24:16

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

#10 2009-12-27 03:23:00

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

#11 2009-12-28 14:14:28

Big Tony

I encourage alden pyle in his efforts, he is on a journey of discovery if he keeps an open mind, some of us are a few bends in the road ahead of him but none of us have reached the end yet

"What sort of post-apocalyptic deathscape is this?"
"I don't want to look like a cock hungry sailor after all !!!"
"When it comes to infidelity, broken families, and reckless fatherhood, the underclass are amateurs."

#12 2009-12-29 03:32:48

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

I think that's very fair.

Board footer