You are not logged in.

#26 2010-02-15 06:15:26

Brideshead

Re: 2nd magazine and Take Ivy

Just seen this.  Fantastic GS.

Is it my ignorance or does the Japanese Ivy spectrum seem a little broader than the one we might normally recognise?

#27 2010-02-16 08:33:23

Astridsdad

That's the stuff.

Bustin' makes me feel good

#28 2010-02-16 08:38:37

Big Tony

Fun stuff, thanks GS.

I wish someone would publish TAKE IVY and the "Ivy Illustrated" books in the USA, translated of course. Right now they'd sell a bunch, esp if they could work a partnership with say J Crew to sell them in their stores. The current fad for the style won't last too much longer, the window is closing. Whoever has the rights is being stupid.

"What sort of post-apocalyptic deathscape is this?"
"I don't want to look like a cock hungry sailor after all !!!"
"When it comes to infidelity, broken families, and reckless fatherhood, the underclass are amateurs."

#29 2010-02-16 08:55:42

Get Smart

^^ yes, I've thought the same.  If a publisher sold them out of J Crew and Ralph Lauren stores it would do well just in those spaces.  I'd imagine those books would be a lot less risky to put out than Manton's "The suit" which probably sold well, managed to get published, and while well written, IT HAD NO PICTURES (or popups) for those of us who prefer comic books to literary tomes.  smile

Going to Tokyo in a couple weeks so hopefully there will be some good spring/summer gear hitting the stores.  When I was there last fall I really liked a lot of Tomorrowland pieces, had an obvious "ivy" influence to much of their wares.

Board footer