You are not logged in.

#1 2010-05-09 02:03:45

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

In Praise of Mr. Chensvold...

More Far East & Far Out Ivy please!

Just leave your comments out & your blog would jump right up in my personal hit parade.

... Now that might sound like snark, but I do mean it in a nice way...  Your comments are the problem because you know, care & feel so little about Ivy. You and I both remember how I talked you into doing your Ivy blog, my bearded 'Dandy' friend. Prior to the Summer of '08, before I got to work on you, you can't claim to have really been into any of this.

But that's OK.

New converts are always welcome... It's just that we're not even buying that you're a new convert yet as you hop about from subject to subject with your serial blogs trying to make a name for yourself.

I'm very relaxed about your need to promote yourself online as you promote Ivy (in a certain way) as a by-product of all your current endeavours. But you really don't have the right to pose as anything more than an oportunistic cash-in merchant on this glorious subject of ours.

Is that fair?

This isn't 'Internet Defamation', it's just fact, blogger boy. But I do admire how hard you hustle.

So drop the 'Chensvold' content of your blog?  Your views on Ivy are worthless.

Best,

Jim.

#2 2010-05-09 02:21:16

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

Re: In Praise of Mr. Chensvold...

Re: The current Japanese Ivy post - The 3/2 was often buttoned to the top back in the day. It was ALWAYS an option. Personal choice & all that. And so it becomes a 3 button jacket. Only modern day 'Tradly' dullards see a 3/2 and imagine that you can't do whatever you like with it as our Ivy forbears did.

Re: Old stuff: If your classmates wore Blue Bean Gummers then they were Girls. And the Bass Dover was not just reported on by you but actively promoted - You even claimed (based on what?) that Miles Davis would approve of them.

I could go on. wink

Remembering our early days together, it was howler after howler from you...
Your taste in Monk strap shoes? You rejected the classics in favour of some really awful 'Dandified' versions.
The Head Of The Charles? I had to tell you what it was along with who ACL & Tintin were.
- From every direction you knew F. all.
... And since then you've read the forums & blogs, been down the public library & schmoozed the most obvious candidates for schmoozing.

I do admire your hard work, but, because I know your motivation, I'm always going to look sideways at you. Chensvold on Ivy is an Opus Fake-it production.

Is that fair?

Best,

Jim.

Last edited by Russell_Street (2010-05-09 02:44:35)

#3 2010-05-09 02:43:23

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

... Deleted for a reason! ... ... ... ...

( - Quick note to Alex Roest - Ignore this - It's just forum/blog/internet stuff. It's all the crap of the world of Chensvold.)

Last edited by Russell_Street (2010-05-09 09:00:21)

#4 2010-05-09 02:47:25

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

I Like James (the main man) Maine!

#5 2010-05-09 05:19:57

1,966% Ivy

#6 2010-05-09 06:58:40

Big Tony

"What sort of post-apocalyptic deathscape is this?"
"I don't want to look like a cock hungry sailor after all !!!"
"When it comes to infidelity, broken families, and reckless fatherhood, the underclass are amateurs."

#7 2010-05-09 09:06:40

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

^ I never make this as clear as I should - Tony is, as ever, 100% right - If you actually post on the Internet already then very often we aren't talking to you! You're a part of the game already.  It's very often just the lurkers that we are talking to.

Thanks, T.

#8 2010-05-09 13:34:22

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

Is there really that many who just lurk?

From the evidence of Facebook, people just can't help but post, even when their lives are completely meaningless and inert.

Chinny-Chenners is no different to other writers of journalese, just that his dad couldn't get him a job on the New York Times or even the El Paso Daily Bugle. We can't hold that against him, but the feigned passion and interest in many topics, of which Ivy is only one of them, this is obnoxious.

Still, he's working for Russell Street and that means us now, sometimes you have to work with the team you've got, and that means shirkers, lazy bastards and down right scoundrels amongst the few good honourable men. Its now about how to get the most out of this press ganged recruit before he boards another boat bound for some other mythical utopia in the South China Seas.

Vibe-Rations in Spectra-Sonic-Sound

#9 2010-05-09 15:54:25

TheWeejun

"Mr. Weejun is a beast." 1966
www.theweejun.com
theweejun.tumblr.com

#10 2010-05-09 17:55:56

Big Tony

"When it comes to infidelity, broken families, and reckless fatherhood, the underclass are amateurs."

#11 2010-05-10 00:12:42

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

I think it was just that CC called the truth 'defamation' that set me off. He really ought to bow down to James Maine, not try to snark him. JM is the real deal and CC could learn a lot from him. The Blue Bean Boot is 'the classic' indeed!   ;-)

#12 2010-05-10 00:16:55

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

But back to praising CC - The stuff he presents re: Japan IS top notch. It's not his work, obviously, but he does present it to us and so I thank him for that. If he could only refrain from commenting on it then that would be even better, but you can't have everything...

What else is good?

#13 2010-05-10 00:34:58

heikki k
The Ivyist's Ivyist

i quite like how the 'ivy style' type is set there.

no, i don't, really.

was only joking!

#14 2010-05-10 00:41:34

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

I actually did that with Chens & helped with the colours! The other idea we had was for a pennant, but we couldn't get it to work. Hard Bop Hank did the original merchants list too...
Then when all was up and running we put a post on here for Chens to find slagging the entire thing off - The email he then sent me in Paris to complain was a corker!

Who here hasn't seen it yet?

Last edited by Russell_Street (2010-05-10 05:13:41)

#15 2010-05-10 00:55:09

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

#16 2010-05-10 07:14:48

Big Tony

#17 2010-05-10 10:27:01

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

I wonder if CC's 'optimism' could be given another name...?

wink

#18 2010-05-10 11:54:07

Big Tony

Putting aside the amazing hubris of Miss Chris, his "utterly baffling" is an extraordinary phrase.

#19 2010-05-10 12:07:33

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

Be fair, I did hold 'a title of authority'.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL -

#20 2010-05-10 12:36:45

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

When he really hit the roof, what was in his response, please do tell....

Vibe-Rations in Spectra-Sonic-Sound

#21 2010-05-10 13:34:17

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

I'll go dig...

He was sooooooooooooooooooooooo out of his depth.

And yet he still thinks he can bluff it with me & James Maine ?

'Optimistic'  !!

wink

#22 2010-05-11 05:01:12

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

... I got the good stuff!

First he tells me to piss off & then he tells me to fuck off!

Very 'Christian'!

- You never meet blokes called 'Jew' do you? Funny that...

I'm inclined to save his further humiliation for later, should I need it. All the boy has to do is work hard & please US and I'm happy to spare him as much humiliation as I can.

I'm kinda 'Christian' myself sometimes!   wink

Board footer