You are not logged in.

#1 2010-05-10 12:05:40

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

A photo from my Mum...

You'll love this - I'd just dropped out of university & it had been discovered that I'd been living in a B&B in Cambridge Street, Pimlico, not eating or sleeping & spending all my time & money on Vodka in Soho...

I actually have tuberculosis in the snap & my Mulligan crop really needs a trim. I had also just stopped taking the anti-Epilepsy drugs which I had mistakenly been given since I was 11 because nobody could decide if I was suttering or having some kind of  fit when I tried to talk.

Oy! What a back story!   wink

I'm back 'home' at our country place & I'm picking my way through the mud in pristine White shoes, Levis, a kosher overcoat from Peticoat Lane, a knit tie & (I think) a Hathaway OCBD.

My eyes are fantastic - A blur of black against my dead-on-my-feet white skin.

My Dear Dead Dad took the pic & I can't remember a thing about it, but my Ma found it last week & sent it down to me for a laugh.

Around this time a chum of Francis Bacon picked me up off the street & took me to the Colony Room...

- If Gibson Gardens will help me, I'll get my old pics up on to the Russell Street Facebook page.

Anything for a laugh.

Jim.

#2 2010-05-10 12:31:35

adam!
The Future

Re: A photo from my Mum...

Do it!

Make your profile public, though - I don't want to have to add you as a friend to see them!

#3 2010-05-10 12:42:39

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

^That's bleeding charming Adam.

Ah yes, dropping out of university, a sure sign of genius, at least that's what I told my parents. My father never forgave me, I was banished from his inheritence because of this, and the fact that I had run up the tremendous debt of 1500 English pounds on a Barclays Visa and a Mastercard. He had me sussed as a work shy fop.

Its a weird feeling to always be the black sheep of the family, destined for ridicule what ever you do.

Be careful though Russell, once you start posting photos on Facebook, it becomes addictive, you can't stop, next thing there's 2000 photos of you doing nothing of interest and ten thousand comments from your chums saying how fantastic and what an exiciting life you lead.

Last edited by 4F Hepcat (2010-05-10 12:46:43)

Vibe-Rations in Spectra-Sonic-Sound

#4 2010-05-10 12:56:56

adam!
The Future

#5 2010-05-10 13:31:51

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

Be careful what you post on Facebook, diligent Human Resouce operatives will naturally check you out on this, form an opinion and choose the other candidate; the quietly spoken, mild mannered type who operates below the radar. In the future, those without internet fingerprint may prove the most powerful of all allies(delete).

Why not post the photos on here Russell?

There is of course, a genuine bounty on the first traitor who sells your craven image to Chinny-Chenners. For a mere 100 dollars, not even Wales, one can sell their soul to the bearded pan deity of Dandyism.  And what will Chenners do with this photo? I hate to think.

Vibe-Rations in Spectra-Sonic-Sound

#6 2010-05-10 13:51:17

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

I need G.G. - He's helped with all my other stuff.

The pics could be here or anywhere.

His call.

The Epilepsy thing is a new treat to share with you... It never existed... But I had a style of fighting where I'd suddenly launch myself on people, usually on the endless stairways of Rugby and so gravity would do my work for me & whatever kid I wanted to bosh would hit the wall at the bottom with me on his back with a fair bit of a poke.

Then when questioned I'd do my stammer....

Worth saying that I invented most of this schtick to keep the thugs of my Brother's back two years after I'd been through it all.

Nobody ever fucked with my Bro.

- And that's my life.

#7 2010-05-11 01:44:05

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

Interesting how many of us have had a brush with TB!

I got it (and crabs!) from a fantastic girl I met upstairs on the way down to The Dive Bar (RIP). She had the filthiest feet I've ever seen too... And a Green bra that she'd dyed herself... And she smoked roll ups & drank pints... And she wouldn't go down on me...

'Derbac M' is best for crabs, btw. TB takes longer...

I wonder if I'd have learned as much if I'd stuck to PPE?

#8 2010-05-11 16:14:13

Prof Kelp
Professor of Ivy

Facebook.........Jeez!!

http://thetownoutside.tumblr.com

#9 2010-05-11 23:36:12

The_Shooman
A pretty face

......Russell knows.

Last edited by The_Shooman (2010-05-12 07:47:40)

#10 2010-05-12 01:19:41

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

Board footer