You are not logged in.

#1 2010-05-21 08:34:36

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

What's YOUR Lifestyle?

I'll go first -

After 10 mins of rubbing my hard-on on Mrs Street's bum & getting ignored I got up & made coffee.

- And very nice it was too.

Then I opened all the windows & put on some music nice & softly.

Then Mrs & Miss Street got up and the bathroom got very busy.

Then I was alone. 

And so some work got done.

Lunch was by the Harbour, eating Moules followed by two Mojitos.

Then more work.

Soon Miss Street returnes from School & The Weekend begins.

You?

... And as I did most of the above in a J. Press shirt I will claim it as an Ivy Style Lifestyle.

#2 2010-05-21 09:31:15

Brownshoe

Re: What's YOUR Lifestyle?

My lifestyle is that of a 21st Century urban neurotic with poor impulse control.  In other words:  a big mess.

But I have some nice clothes.

Last edited by Brownshoe (2010-05-21 09:32:23)

#3 2010-05-21 12:08:27

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

Woke up after drinking four bottles of dishwater known as Fosters lager brewed in Belgium not by monks and at least two extra large whiskys.

Shower shaved - off to work, casual in James Bond Mercer all season tattershall.  For some obscure reason I had the best of John Lennon in the car, I listened bewildered as a reverse anthropologist studying what kind of person digs this shit.

Load of emails from Australian office having a moan, rattled a few cages, can't tell it like it is, as my boss serenades me "this is Holland, we have laws to protect these lazy bastards". After that, had a double cheese burger at lunch time.

Not much in the afternoon, ongoing electrical emergency in Venezuela gets my attention. Waiting for the US to come on line - quiet. Good.

Bacon and eggs for dinner, because the misses off to some Italian film.

Kids are now in bed, Stanley Turrentine is playing and the first sip of whisky brings a sigh of nonchalence.

Hopefully, there's money in the account tomorrow and still considering being an absolute cheap skate and buying the 4.5 litre bottle of Johnnie Walker Red as ongoing cost cutting exerise. Is it as good a whisky as I remember it when I was doing copious amounts of coke? Or is it just an oily ill tasting sludge that's suitable for guests only?

Vibe-Rations in Spectra-Sonic-Sound

#4 2010-05-21 13:13:35

boatshoe

Woke up at 10 because I took today off. Went to the police station because my boat broke from its mooring and landed on a private beach. Had a Reuben for lunch. Going to Yankees-Mets tonight.

#5 2010-05-21 13:36:36

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

As my Facebook following will know I've just put on my make up for the evening & I'm heading out.

#6 2010-05-21 13:41:38

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

Ah yes, heading out, I remember it well. Now I just stay in and watch my Billy Joel DVD's.

Vibe-Rations in Spectra-Sonic-Sound

#7 2010-05-21 15:12:08

Gibson Gardens
Ivy Author

You paint a delightful picture Russell of the detail and texture of family life. Morning glories eh? What's that all about? A reminder of the absurdity and endless frustrations of the 'male condition'....  Were you wearing the J.Press with heretical flap on pocket shirt whilst attempting to arouse Mrs.Street with your Ivy erection? You kinky sod!

Met the John Simons Apparel Politburo for espresso at St.Barnabas House at 1 Greek Street Soho this pm. Paul Simons was in THE WHITE WEEJUNS (why didn't I buy when JS told me about them!!). The project is on course and will be arriving in central London in September.... Cannot wait!

g.g.

#8 2010-05-22 01:48:34

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

Good news for all our Ivy lifestyles!

The Press pocket is heresy? I guess the original Brooks without the chest pocket in the pullover style is the purest shoit?

Drinks at the Lido last night:  http://www.lidobristol.com/restaurant-and-bar.php

A lazy morning today with a bit of MJQ going plinkety-plonk in the background...

Ahhhhhh - Those White Weejuns! I never invested either. I saw them in the window and spent a long time thinking about them, but they were way over my head back then - PhD Ivy when I was still at CSE level.

#9 2010-05-22 02:00:42

Horace

""This is probably the last Deb season...because of the stock market, the economy, Everything..." - W. Stillman.

#10 2010-05-22 07:27:37

Elmore Leonard

woke up, early.
finished stainin my version of reitveld's crate chair, with some nice tunes on, as not to wake up the old hag that lives next door.
breakfast.
early mornin snooze
lunch
sittin in sun in my new chair, reading ulysses wink

#11 2010-05-22 08:20:55

Patrick

My lifestyle is that of a 21st Century semi-rural hermit with a plausible manner and a low, rat-like cunning.  In other words:  a big mess.

But I have some nice clothes, none of which will I wear to the Mets-Yanks tilt tonight. If you're watching on Fox, I'll be the idiot with the sign that reads "The Mets are Trad."

Otter : Take it easy, I'm pre-law.
Boon : I thought you were pre-med.
Otter : What's the difference?

#12 2010-05-23 05:35:20

IvyLeagueOfGentlemen
Ivyist

It's a Bar-B today here in sunny London. I'll be toasting the sunshine with a handful of close friends today..

I'm playing the role of Mr Ramsey and will be incorporating some elements of a Sunday roast to keep it traditional. I learnt a few new cooking techniques recently while preparing a St George’s day celebration meal, so beef is on the list, along with some impressive looking air dried ribs.

Todays tipples will be in the hands of my latest shag buddy, and mixologist extraordinaire. She'll be be preparing various cocktails and pimms.

The sounds echoing from the laptop via the sound system will be Roy Ayers, Donald Byrd, Sergio Mendes, et al....

I'll worry about tomorrow tomorrow.....

"As I looked out into that night sky, with all those infinite stars, it made me realise how unimportant they are"

Peter Cook

#13 2010-05-23 05:41:00

jesmond
Ivy Genius

^

Sounds good !

#14 2010-05-23 06:01:57

nouvelle vague
A Distillation of Ivy Inspiration.

Yesterday was morning walk and lots of coffe for the night before. then lunch and drinks at pub.
afternoon nap. then took my american freind to tate mod. and down to soho, eats at bodeens and soho steppin'.

today .my american freind is comming to bbq for everyone.

'Jean-Paul Sartre and john lee hooker'

Board footer