You are not logged in.

#51 2010-05-27 00:58:00

shamrockmonkey

Re: What are you drinking at the moment ?

urquell is usually pretty decent, but its a big enough brand in the US that it may be brewed under license somewhere,its never wowed me in any case. also, a lot of beers that are formaldehyde free in europe are filled with shitty chemicals for the cross-atlantic voyage-heineken being a prime example. urquell i seem to get that aftertaste from sometimes. the best buys here lately are the smaller polish and lithuanian beers-utenos, svyturys, and an insane cracovian porter (name escapes me at moment) that tastes like a smoother guinness extra stout but packs a 7.8% wallop, at less than half the price of anything czech/western european.

I brush my teeth with minty paste/I hate when Liquor goes to waste.

#52 2010-05-27 04:15:43

eg

The interwebz whiskey/whisky drinking taxonomy as I understand it:

neat = tiresome wine-snob types
a little water = traditionalist
rocks = American barbarism
soda = in a hurry
mixed in a cocktail (eg. Rob Roy) = odd
mixed with coke = boor

I have been guilty of them all at one time or another. Context, as with most things, is everything.

"Experience teaches only the teachable." A. Huxley

Oh, and if Latin is your thing, Sursum Corda

#53 2010-05-27 06:20:40

Reckless Reggie

eg wrote:

soda = in a hurry
mixed with coke = boor

I have been guilty of them all at one time or another. Context, as with most things, is everything.

Hepcat has mentioned already that water may be a good idea depending on the whisk[e]y.

On the rocks, with coke and a slice of orange and a glace cherry under an umbrella = AAAC troll.

I'm Reckless Reggie of the Regent Palace,
I'm in love with every gal;
I flirt with Maudie and I flirt with Alice,
I'm a real life Regent's pal.

#54 2010-05-27 07:26:36

Film Noir Buff
Dandy Nightmare

Maximilien de Robespierre wrote:

Alright, I'm off the Canadian and bumwine, and have replenished my larder.  Tonight, its a tumbler of 12 year-old Redbreast after a boeuf bourguignon accompanied by a Henschke Keyneton Estate Euphonium 2004.  The Barossa Valley is a bargain hunter's paradise.

I love the evolution logo on Bumwine.com. Perhaps we could get a tie maker to capture some similar images on a forum tie for us?

Le costume fait sur mesure en tissue Fresco est le préféré des ploucs!
Facebook: FNB Dandy  Twitter: @DevilsIslandFNB Instagram: fnbdandy

#55 2010-05-27 19:53:41

Reckless Reggie

Film Noir Buff wrote:

Alright, I'm off the Canadian and bumwine, and have replenished my larder.  Tonight, its a tumbler of 12 year-old Redbreast after a boeuf bourguignon accompanied by a Henschke Keyneton Estate Euphonium 2004.  The Barossa Valley is a bargain hunter's paradise.

I love the evolution logo on Bumwine.com. Perhaps we could get a tie maker to capture some similar images on a forum tie for us?

The recently dissed Hober is ur mon.
RR.

#56 2010-05-27 21:07:54

ckav

Reggie, Are you once more referring to your inference I 'dissed' my good friend David? You came into this forum swinging your dick like some beta male baboon with a club foot looking for some alphas to challenge. In case you haven't noticed, nobody has turned around or engaged in mutual grooming with you. Please stroll back out onto the grasslands, pick your ass and maybe a lion will end your misery.

#57 2010-05-27 22:49:36

Tomasso

This shit is like crack.

http://www.notempire.com/images/uploads/Zacapa-drinkhacker-2.jpg

#58 2010-05-28 00:11:16

Maximilien de Robespierre

Film Noir Buff wrote:

Devolution, one might say.  It very amusing.

"No, it has to be a good farce"

#59 2010-05-28 00:11:38

shamrockmonkey

zebear wrote:

The_Shooman wrote:

Bishop of Briggs wrote:

You don't add water to whisky,

So true, it destroys the drink. So does ice. Best to have it on it's own. That being said, l haven't had a whiskey in years....too easy to get pissed on that stuff.

I think we are talking whiskey as opposed to whisky... Does this change anything?

yes and no.

irish has the E, the scots drop it. neither beverage should be ruined with ice, unless its a low-end blended scotch. canada was settled heavily by scots and drops the E, the southern US was and is populated with the spawn of their Non- Surrendering cousins from ulster and keeps the irish spelling. though US and candian products can be quite good, ive encountered few that are too good for a handful of ice. the recent artisanal bourbon trend mirrors the trendification of illiterate hillbilly culture in our society-makers mark or what have you is still fermented feed corn to mix with coca-cola and eat with barbecued pig knuckles.

incidentally, the japanese version is unfairly little known and immensely underrated. that weird, better -than-the-original fetishization treatment they give clothes is applied to distilling as well. close to scotch in make and style, they keep the scottish spelling. japanese whisky goes well with a splash of water, like a good scotch.

I brush my teeth with minty paste/I hate when Liquor goes to waste.

#60 2010-05-28 00:12:58

Maximilien de Robespierre

eg wrote:

soda = in a hurry
mixed with coke = boor

Straight from the bottle = thirsty

"No, it has to be a good farce"

#61 2010-05-28 07:59:24

eg

eg wrote:

soda = in a hurry
mixed with coke = boor

Straight from the bottle = rubby

Fixed that for you ... wink

"Experience teaches only the teachable." A. Huxley

Oh, and if Latin is your thing, Sursum Corda

#62 2010-05-28 10:14:45

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

John Rotten wrote:

three ounces of Hudson Baby Bourbon, straight.  Very young bourbon but intense, especially if you like a mashbill that's heavy on the corn..

Heavy on the corn, rye and doughy sour mash - always a winner. You use to be able to get that Jim Beam Straight Rye here in Holland a couple of years ago in a yellow label bottle for about 15Euros. Great value.

The Czech beers are tremendous, as the original Budvar does attests. Also not bad and very reasonably priced are some of the Baltika beers - the porter is superb.

Some of the American micro-breweries are up there with the best UK breweries - Southern Tier Brewery Co in New York for example. Seriously strong ales, but not as sickly as Belgian strong beer and clean on the pallate, easily quaffable, may be too easily downed.

Message to Shamrocky: Your in-box is full. I am 10.5 in US sizes.

Vibe-Rations in Spectra-Sonic-Sound

#63 2010-05-28 12:28:44

Bishop of Briggs

More Old Speckled Hen.

Contrary to lies of FNB and Woofboxer, I (and most of the other "Buff Bastards") have been banned from posting on this forum. There are only a few posters left so don't waste your time on here. This forum is now dead!

#64 2010-05-29 08:38:42

Reckless Reggie

ckav wrote:

Reggie, Are you once more referring to your inference I 'dissed' my good friend David? You came into this forum swinging your dick like some beta male baboon with a club foot looking for some alphas to challenge. In case you haven't noticed, nobody has turned around or engaged in mutual grooming with you. Please stroll back out onto the grasslands, pick your ass and maybe a lion will end your misery.

Watcha kchav!! At least I have inspired you to write plain English (well sort of English). At the moment, like any good alpha male, I am drinking Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee and staring at the tropical ocean, before I take my clubfoot to the Byron Club for a game of billiards.
RR

Last edited by Reckless Reggie (2010-05-29 08:42:13)

#65 2010-05-29 10:08:15

ckav

I'd take care dropping to many real life hints of your location. The internet can be dangerous, like the mother- daughter who met a nice guy online and wound up in a 55 gallon oil drum. Play your troll games; but my real life friendships are off limits.

#66 2010-05-29 15:08:11

Reckless Reggie

ckav wrote:

I'd take care dropping to many real life hints of your location. The internet can be dangerous, like the mother- daughter who met a nice guy online and wound up in a 55 gallon oil drum. Play your troll games; but my real life friendships are off limits.

kchav - But I am supposed to take your really quite nasty abuse in return for a mere ribbing, am I? As for the hints as to my location: do you really think that I am that stupid? I'll leave cretinism to you. By the way, mine was not an inference it was an implication.

#67 2010-05-29 17:34:35

Admiral Cod

A bottle of Dewar's. I am also drinking in the bikini-clad tanned hotties ,female, sitting around me.

Last edited by Admiral Cod (2010-05-29 17:36:09)

"You will find that men of style and their adherents are considered either political enemies of the people or reckless, gluttoness consumers while most live in squalor" - FNB

#68 2010-05-29 18:32:47

Reckless Reggie

Admiral Cod wrote:

A bottle of Dewar's. I am also drinking in the bikini-clad tanned hotties ,female, sitting around me.

Now, a bikini-clad hottie, other than female, is a bit of a brain-teaser, isn't it? Are they on pina coladas
RR

#69 2010-05-30 05:48:32

Reckless Reggie

Twanky.
RR

#70 2010-05-30 20:25:34

Admiral Cod

yesterday they were drinking ,beers, tonight it shall be Margaritas.

"You will find that men of style and their adherents are considered either political enemies of the people or reckless, gluttoness consumers while most live in squalor" - FNB

#71 2010-06-19 18:13:39

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

Its the wee wee hours and I can't sleep, just poured an extra large Bushmills Black Bush.

#72 2010-06-19 18:54:45

Sarcophagus

4F Hepcat wrote:

Its the wee wee hours and I can't sleep, just poured an extra large Bushmills Black Bush.

I'm bored before going out to dinner, so I'm sipping on Wild Turkey 101.  Cheers.

The question now then is why am I only finding out about this collection of "bastards" today? How long has their little club been running?

--Earl of Moron

#73 2010-06-19 19:24:42

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

Sadly, I've now moved onto Fosters lager. There's no accounting for taste.

I nearly bought a bottle of Four Roses sour mash yesterday, then thought better of it.

#74 2010-06-19 21:59:36

ckav

Armanac

#75 2010-06-20 03:24:58

Kingstonian

4F Hepcat wrote:

I nearly bought a bottle of Four Roses sour mash yesterday, then thought better of it.

Four Roses used to be the duty free bargain whiskey in the old days when duty free was more prevalent.

It is nice and light - a woman's whiskey. My mother liked it. Cheap does not necessarily mean bad. Cut price Claymore was quite good cheap  Scotch.

Drinking my morning tea at the moment. Sainsbury's Red Label.

Board footer