You are not logged in.

#1 2010-06-29 06:57:11

Rip Rig & Panic

The Nottingham Scene

Nottingham was a top mod city, according to Paul Smith.  Certainly full of students and trendies, but also one or two shops worth a look.

Celia's on the Derby road.  Celia sits just inside the doorway, doing the pressing.  Brother Frank is in the back.  Like stepping back in time.  Not quite as good as it used to be, but still plenty of vintage stuff on offer.  I saw a great Aquascutum car coat and superb Dannimac three-quarter length coat in mid-blue corduroy - too tight around my shoulders.  A Dhobi car coat - saw something of theirs once in John Simons.  Some nice soft Harris tweed jackets.  Shirts nothing to write home about.  A paisley Tootal scarf at £6.95 caught my eye and that was my lot.  Good for John Hardy, Dunn and Co. etc.  Lots of English shoes, especially brogues.  A vintage 1960s unworn Austin Reed sweatshirt - dark russet.

#2 2010-06-29 07:00:22

Rip Rig & Panic

Re: The Nottingham Scene

Wild and Wilder are still the place to go for London Fog, Campus, Penney etc.  Still a few £50 pea coats, lots of battered loafers and boat shoes, mostly around the £10 mark.  Nice Paul Stuart collarless dress shirt at £9.99.  But too youth-orientated for me: cool, polite, uninterested girls serving.

Board footer