You are not logged in.

#1 2010-07-01 23:51:38

Rip Rig & Panic

Problems with cords

I once yearned for a green pair, made by Levis.  I think I once saw a picture of Otis Redding wearing some.  I should have consulted somebody before now, and RS's descriptions of those worn by the Simons/Strachan/Lally axis has made me increasingly envious.  I have a pair of Paul Stuart in a kind of muddy green that should be my Amazing Buy No. 2 - another workhorse, look fine with the olive green slack - but the Vineyard Vines turned out to be a disaster.  The Bill's I own are good for the winter months, being hefty as fuck, but they're terrifically inelegant.  I've heard Bean's are okay.  Anyone?

#2 2010-07-02 00:10:58

Harpo
The Best In The West

Re: Problems with cords

Yes, cords - a hole in my wardrode at the moment - I too would be interested in any recommendations. Not elephant though, I really couldn't stomach elephant.......

Randy lower-class trifler

#3 2010-07-02 08:29:34

nouvelle vague
A Distillation of Ivy Inspiration.

I have some moss green 5 pocket bedford levis that Im fond of. They look good with a chambray bd and steel blue italian dessies & navy sack.
I have other levis in fawn, tobacco etc, I like. But there all from stateside trips.

'Jean-Paul Sartre and john lee hooker'

#4 2010-07-02 09:11:58

nouvelle vague

"Yes, cords - a hole in my wardrode at the moment - I too would be interested in any recommendations. Not elephant though, I really couldn't stomach elephant.......
^
oipolloi had some levis cords in this summer,So there were some made available by levis eu, but the quality of levis these days as we all know..
even the lvc seems  to have gone down hill.
wrangler did some cords in there bluebell range too I belive. I dont know what there like, though I did have some wrangler cords that washed for years.. sadly long gone.

#5 2010-07-02 11:04:20

The Laird of Enfield

Had some nice bottle green cords a couple of years back - Henri Lloyd yins.

Sadly burst asunder at the crotch by ma ever-burgeoning bawbag.

Last edited by The Laird of Enfield (2010-07-02 11:04:43)

#6 2010-07-03 05:31:02

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

The problem with cords is the noise and texture.

Vibe-Rations in Spectra-Sonic-Sound

#7 2010-07-03 06:17:44

Gibson Gardens
Ivy Author

From October to March I wear little else beyond a navy corduroy Ivy suit from J.Simons, a charcoal grey roll neck and a pair of natural Clarks desert boots. Undies and socks too of course.  I consider corduroy the most Ivy of all the materials. The right cord jacket or shirt or pair of trousers, well, they're the Holy Grail aren't they? J.Keydge produce some crackers but then France has always been the home of the finest cord-du-roi, ce n'est-pas?

g.g.

#8 2010-07-03 06:25:57

nouvelle vague

^ I wish I had bought a j.keydge cord jkt in the sale at j.simons, but then funds wouldnt permit. alas.

#9 2010-07-03 06:57:36

Hard Bop Hank
Ivy Soul Brother

“No Room For Squares”
”All political art is bad – all good art is political.”
"Would there be any freedom of press or speech if one must reduce his vocabulary to vapid innocuous euphemisms?"

Board footer