You are not logged in.

#1 2010-07-11 02:06:42

Rip Rig & Panic

Hartford

Unlike BDB, I've never seen enough of their stuff to draw any real conclusions, but the pair I had out of John Simons seemed exceptionally good value - particularly in comparison to Baggies.

#2 2010-07-11 07:30:36

Fred

Re: Hartford

I like their BDs a lot although the spread collar versions seem much more common these days.  I also have a very nice pair of trousers by them (from JS); some sort of brushed cotton, nicely tapered.  A couple of years ago I saw some Harftord half sleeves with bd collars and flap pocket on sale at a store here in LA - none in my size though......

If I remember correctly, JS had a full range of Hartford stuff - jackets et al....

#3 2010-07-11 11:01:26

TheWeejun

Re: Hartford

Got a nice pair of Hartford slim flat front trews in blue oxford cloth. Actually I forgot all about them. I must dig them out for this current heat. Usually wear them with a new dark blue Lacoste tucked in and green/red/green J Press grosgrain belt.

I did have a few Hartford BDs from JS too about 10 years ago, all really nice materials as the French knew how to then but now all the Hartford stuff you see is micro collar inna Urban Outfitters stylee.

"Mr. Weejun is a beast." 1966
www.theweejun.com
theweejun.tumblr.com

Board footer