You are not logged in.

#1 2010-07-25 05:09:43

Rip Rig & Panic

Bond

I wonder if there were any other movies that quite expressed the exuberance of Britain during that Kennedy-Profumo era?  I just love the opening bleeps of 'Dr. No' and Brownjohn's graphics for the following two.  'Thunderball', though, certainly finished it off.  England had already changed by then: new government, new way of doing things.  Mod was MacMillan.  I know I'll get an argument for saying that, but that last of Edwardian Toryism, mod and the first two, maybe three Bond movies, seem to go hand in glove.  1964-65 seemed to usher in a different atmosphere, with the grittiness of 'Saturday Night And Sunday Morning' giving way to all that daft Swinging Sixties pap: 'Georgy Girl' etc.; as if it was a quick, magical, harsh, explosive moment (actually, about two to three years).  British film-making seemed to have a quick stab at being either grown-up or terrifically exciting, almost matching the French output, before lapsing back into 'Carry On' and beginning its long, terminal decline into the 70s.

#2 2010-07-25 05:46:22

nouvelle vague
A Distillation of Ivy Inspiration.

Re: Bond

robert brownjohn was freinds with miles and dizzy. He did the sleeve for stones let it bleed and said bond's and died before 45. Great accomplishments in a short life.

'Jean-Paul Sartre and john lee hooker'

#3 2010-07-25 11:25:11

Rip Rig & Panic

My younger daughter went to the same school as Timothy Dalton.  Just thought you should know.

#4 2010-07-25 14:40:54

Chris_H
Ivy Original

https://www.facebook.com/groups/hardyandjohnson/

#5 2010-07-25 15:22:12

Rip Rig & Panic

Board footer