You are not logged in.

#1 2010-07-25 15:28:08

Rip Rig & Panic

Drugs

A lot of our heroes took 'em, in one form or another.  Chet.  Miles.  Trane.  Parker.  Mulligan.  The list goes on.  And on.  I remember, at sixteen, gobbling my mother's valium, before moving onto amphetamines.  Madness.  Don't even drink nowadays.  You?

#2 2010-07-25 15:36:29

ParsonOban

Re: Drugs

Booze and tobacco are the poison of choice here, despite having dabbled in hashish and pot occassionally - the latter always makes me terribly paranoid. Not sure if anything more potent wouldn't have even worse effects.

#3 2010-07-25 15:50:07

Bishop of Briggs

I stick to real ale, wine and the odd cigar having given up whisky a few years ago. Drugs have never appealed to me and I have never touched them.

Contrary to lies of FNB and Woofboxer, I (and most of the other "Buff Bastards") have been banned from posting on this forum. There are only a few posters left so don't waste your time on here. This forum is dead and nobody cares.

#4 2010-07-25 23:04:34

heikki k
The Ivyist's Ivyist

used to be a rther heavy drinker but i'm mellowed down somewhat. still love any kind of ber from the chaepest watery lagers to top quality ales. also love good red wines, italian valpolicellas and amarone being the favourites. not that much into strong liquors, with calvados and finnish brandy/vodka mix jaloviina being the exceptions. quit regular smoking in 2006, occasionally i enjoy a cigar.

as for drugs, been there, done that but not the worst stuff. a few mates of mine beginning to shoot smack by the early nineties and all the shit that came with it (dirt, guns, the ever-present threat of serious violence etc) scared the hell out of me. haven't been into any illegal substances since. never liked pot, made me too happy and slow, speed was my drug of choice.

#5 2010-07-26 01:42:34

IvyLeagueOfGentlemen
Ivyist

"As I looked out into that night sky, with all those infinite stars, it made me realise how unimportant they are"

Peter Cook

#6 2010-07-26 08:22:27

1,966% Ivy

I like a beer or two and the occasional stronger drink. And I've been a pothead for the last quarter of a century. I'm all too familiair with the cons but I'm still enjoying the pros (like Heikki rightly said it makes you "too happy and slow").

#7 2010-07-26 09:42:24

Patrick

Quit drinking in 2001, almost 10 years ago. Alcohol makes my gonorrhea flare up anyway.

Otter : Take it easy, I'm pre-law.
Boon : I thought you were pre-med.
Otter : What's the difference?

#8 2010-07-30 11:11:45

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

Booze mainly: whisk(e)y and beer. Wine rarely and for some strange fancy, Beefeater gin and tonic this evening, which so far feels like a mistake.

Speed/whizz when I was in my early twenties, maybe only a dozen times. Fantastic with Stella Artois and that ability to go up to any girl and seduce them, although the performance would never there, unlike that number one aphrodisiac and entry into your own deviant and fetish arena - cocaine. The hangovers afterwards were too much for me, a couple of 'em were more than enough.  And yes, those hookers from Birkenhead who stole my nubuck leather Lakeland jacket. I flushed what remained down the sink at work, one Sunday morning coming down, the Pogues Summer in Siam was playing on Radio 1, that was the last time they played a good record.

MDMA ecstasy and liquid form, in my mid-thirties. Some of it legal here in Holland at the time, but not for long. Too hit and miss, sometimes it was pristine, clean and all guey and lovely.  Other times just an empty fuzziness.  Sex Mob Does Bond and Beck's 'Sea Change' are the ultimate liquid MDMA bliss albums for your listening pleasure.

Pot, not my scene. Hippy shit going down, astral projecting after white widow, leprachauns following me home after hash chocolate cakes. The bass line and music? No, not for me.

Mushrooms, once, laughter, then fear. Walking around the Hague feeling I was a cartoon character 20 feet tall, later in the evening it had developed all the awe inspiring qualities of the Grand Canyon.

Cocaine and ultimate rare whiskies, Port Ellen 1982 spring distillation, nothing less than a 100 Euros a bottle. Fantastic time for about two years, staying out not for the night but days. Hyper-sexuality, the ultimate horn. Arriving at a Sunday morning and still in the same suit I left work on Friday in. I would of continued, but the band of plonkers I had set sail with turned out to be a bunch of con artists and the biggest twist was being laid on me. Plus kids, having a family and cocaine don't mix. I stopped before the eldest was born, never touched it since. Alcohol was terribly boring for about 18 months afterwards, then it found the nerve receptors again.

Its a pleasure to get a beer buzz again.

Vibe-Rations in Spectra-Sonic-Sound

#9 2010-07-31 00:45:29

Big Mark

Sorry, chaps-been unduly pre-occupied lately, hence no posts.

Hopefully forgiven.

Never smoked cigarettes, so never got in to the whole 'grass' thing. Had sojourns into the other areas, including coca leaves in Bolivia.

Mainly drink with me-I started working at 16, and have made a valiant attempt to line the pockets of publicans ever since. Guinness, lager, cider have all come and gone, however now is the time for real ale. Doubly bad as I am on the wagon at the moment. With this comes the greatest drug of all time-pork scratchings.

BM

"I think I had it in the back of my mind that I wanted to sound like a dry martini."  Paul Desmond

#10 2010-07-31 02:21:04

macabee

Last edited by macabee (2010-07-31 02:22:04)

"One martini is all right. Two are too many, and three are not enough"
James Thurber

#11 2010-07-31 02:36:01

Rip Rig & Panic

Board footer