You are not logged in.

#1 2010-07-27 01:20:08

Rip Rig & Panic

Ivy Icons: Jack Lord as 'Felix Leiter'

I was watching it again last evening - after sampling Gurkha food: very good it is, too, and the resturant supports Help for Heroes, being run by ex-soldiers - and it struck me, not for the first time, how much savvier Lord is than Connery.  His suit is also jazzier, as is the sports wear he gets into later.  And those dark glasses!  He could have stepped straight from the stage at Newport.

#2 2010-07-27 01:33:04

Harpo
The Best In The West

Re: Ivy Icons: Jack Lord as 'Felix Leiter'

Yes. His shades and suit combo in Dr No really is the business.

I've eaten in the Gurkha Brigade in Edinburgh - very good it was to; I can highly recommend Nepali cuisine. It was also run by an ex-serviceman - Ayo Gurkhali!

Randy lower-class trifler

#3 2010-07-27 01:37:01

Rip Rig & Panic

Their lamb dish had me sweating almost as much as when Connery crawls through those ducts.

Nepalese ladies are worth running your eye over IMO.

#4 2010-07-27 02:43:32

michael-j

#5 2010-07-27 11:17:19

Staceyboy
Ivy Archivist

I have a pair of those "Leiter" sunglasses - or at least a near identical design. Late 1950's Ray-Ban with green glass lenses. No reference to the name of the model nor even a number imprinted on the arms - just "B&L Ray-Ban USA". My #1 pair of shades.

Staceyboy

http://thetownoutside.tumblr.com

#6 2010-07-27 12:44:58

Harpo
The Best In The West

Cool - pretty rare I should imagine. Do you ever wear them out?

Randy lower-class trifler

#7 2010-07-27 13:02:26

Staceyboy
Ivy Archivist

I do wear them out but my girlfriend hates them! Thinks that they just look like women's frames and, worse still, she doesn't dig any early 60's styling full stop. Not that this fact bothers me too much. When I bought them the guy selling them described them as "Dr No" shades and I thought fair enough, Jack Lord. He actually meant 'Dr No' himself and we had an odd but amicable long telephone conversation re: did Dr No actually wear sunglasses in the film or not! Well it certainly beat an hour working at my desk! Think that I ended up paying £90 for them but I was pleased when they arrived. The seller's business is old sunglasses and frames and they were the only pair he'd ever come across too.

Staceyboy

http://thetownoutside.tumblr.com

Board footer