You are not logged in.

#1 2010-08-11 06:24:48

Rip Rig & Panic

"The Clothes Are Innocent..."

...  but they tend to be informed by 'multi-layering'.  I'm cribbing - more or less, I think - from Patrick Uden.  The Ivy style is 'informed'.

#2 2010-08-11 06:40:43

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

Re: "The Clothes Are Innocent..."

I like that.

What I'm not keen on are those who appropriate the clothes for their politics & then try to re-write history to suit those ends.

Re-write history & you lose it.

... There was a chap on AAAT I noticed yesterday who talked about the 'Trads' of the 1940s & '60s, etc.  - Quite rightly a fellow forum member pointed out to him that there were no 'Trads' back then...

We have to be so careful to keep the real story alive.

#3 2010-08-11 07:50:53

Rip Rig & Panic

The clothes are certainly innocent in any political sense; or should be; and should remain so.  Jazz and Ivy are a fine antidote IMO to living in a world inhabited by the likes of Prescott, Clegg and David Willetts.  'Trad' and 'Prep' will never work in England come what may; the heritage is entirely different.  The closest we'll get prepwise is some brands of knitwear or Lacoste: worn by nebs who put little thought into their look beyond their best mate down the 'Pig And Whistle' is wearing it.  As for 'Trad', haaahaa...  Ivy is precise, Ivy is specific.  Some of us like a little continental - it 'thickens up the blood' as JS might put it - but it's still worn within an American Ivy frame of reference.

#4 2010-08-11 09:32:43

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

^  I love all that.

Note that the Jazz fans have NEVER said that the clothes are ALL about Jazz...

'Trads' need to build themselves this phony ownership of the style purely because they are the Newbies here - Far more so than the 'Mods'.

Modernists 'own' this style since Miles. 'Trads' 'own' it since the 14th September 2004 & that utter online fool 'Harris'.

But I'll still cut them a slice of the pie...

- But the reality of the real Ivy Pie is way beyond their silly little iGent agenda. Their slice is a very small one. Not even yet 6 years old.

... And some know this fact & some don't...

... And if you don't know this fact then maybe you should be a bit more careful about your online pronouncements? People do read them & judge you on them you know. Promise.

- People often ask me about 'Alden Pyle' & I always have nothing but praise for him - If he'd only just  stop limiting his intellect & judgement to a pile of shit off the Internet that was put there for far lower level punters than him.

Got it yet?

This stuff is being directed from above. Everybody has a place & should know it.

Do the Cherubim not know where they stand when compared to the Seraphim?

Let us follow their example.

All is ordered.

wink

Yea.

#5 2010-08-11 09:49:19

Rip Rig & Panic

Let's set up a Q and A session with 'Trad' as the subject.  We'll invite three Johns, one Ian, a Jeff, a Theo.  Should be enough to light the blue touchpaper.

#6 2010-08-11 10:03:21

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

Ask Andy's 'Trad' as Ask Andy's 'Trad' is fine... But it isn't anything else & it will never be at this rate.

It's.... Not Ivy, Not Preppy, Not anything from before 'Harris'.

And he was a troll from "Go Preppy!"

Trust me. 

Or not.

Ivy carries on with you or without you. It's real.

So have a 'Tradly' day, why don't you, and be that fool off the Internet...

- The real world is far larger than you might like !

wink

#7 2010-08-11 10:11:40

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

I took over 'Trad' because I knew that it would fly online in the world of the iGents.  FACT!

Now (and for a long time) I want you to stop being my puppets & to rise up into real Ivy League style.

Because if you like 'Trad' then you'll LOVE Ivy.

... If indeed you actually like clothes at all & don't just like to masturbate over 'Tradly' fantasies...

Your call.

Happy to help.

See ya.

Jim.

x

wink

#8 2010-08-15 13:22:07

Rip Rig & Panic

Board footer