You are not logged in.

#1 2010-09-22 03:40:17

Rip Rig & Panic

More Bang For The Buck

Just passed my Cole Haan on to Adam, who seems more than happy with them.  I liked the sole but nothing more, and I would encourage Adam to post a close-up picture of them.  Those featured by Natural Sole Brother are far more to my liking, and I'm afraid, once business kicks off here, I shall be trawling Ebay for another pair of Dexter - or, preferably perhaps, Walk Over.  Dirty bucks are, perhaps, an underrated shoe on the forum.  Like saddle bucks - love 'em - they certainly look a wee bit 'alien'.  But that is an enormous part of their charm - what makes them uncompromisingly 'Ivy'.  Wear Church - longwings or otherwise - you may as well go 'English gentleman' and have done with it.  Dirty work well with jeans or flat fronted chinos - an ultimate leisure shoe really.  Pare the look down above the waist - a nice polo shirt - and you're good for anything.  Cashmere sweater and Gloverall in the autumn.

#2 2010-09-22 03:50:29

Moose Maclennan
Ivy Inspiration

Re: More Bang For The Buck

Not just underrated on the forum, either.

They seem to be filed under 'ugly school shoes' by many in the US too, and as a consequence they often go for peanuts on the bay.

One of the few shoes that can actually look good with white crew socks too.

#3 2010-09-22 04:02:27

Rip Rig & Panic

Just been having a shufti on Ebay.  Buy-It-Now are reasonably expensive.  Not many to choose from, though.

#4 2010-09-22 05:08:48

Moose Maclennan
Ivy Inspiration

^
not always called bucks or bucs there, a search for suede oxford or suchlike often turns up a gem.

#5 2010-09-22 09:21:20

Rip Rig & Panic

#6 2010-09-23 00:00:07

shamrockmonkey

I brush my teeth with minty paste/I hate when Liquor goes to waste.

Board footer