You are not logged in.

#876 2015-02-09 15:57:48

chatsworth osborne jr.

Re: Is Simon Crompton the new Francis Bown?

"One distinctive but subtle aspect of the Calvo jacket is the lack of skirt."
If you ignore that big fart flap in the back.  That is a bit of rumpling in the back for tweed.

What's up with that taper of the upper arm on the second jacket?  The sleeve does seem to hang and not bend properly.  Is the dart doing odd things to the pattern, or am I being picky?  The balance between the length of the lapel and the skirt is a mess.

#877 2015-02-09 16:05:12

sartodinapoli

#878 2015-02-09 16:26:14

sartodinapoli

Last edited by sartodinapoli (2015-02-09 16:39:38)

#879 2015-02-10 13:34:12

sartodinapoli

Last edited by sartodinapoli (2015-02-10 13:37:05)

#880 2015-02-11 00:14:45

RFS

#881 2015-02-16 20:22:48

sartodinapoli

ANOTHER SHILL AND IGNORANT AND LANGA TE TANGA, WORST EVER LIAR AND SHIT-MAKER.

EDIT, HE IS THE BEARDY, AND THIS IS A " PERFECT FIT SHIRT;

Also , note how poorly sewn is the " bassino" or "orlo", it should be folded TWICE but is folded once, and with a stitch every kilometer.

YES is handmade, but POORLY HANDMADE, JUST TO FOOL THIS KIND OF IGNORANTS.

Aquí vemos un detalle que mre recuerda a los rollinos de los pañuelos hechos a mano, y es que los bajos de esta camisa también están realizados de forma artesanal.

THE SIDES ARE POORLY SEWN. NO WAY ANY REAL SHIRT IS SEWN THIS POORLY WAY.

Ahora veamos con todo detalle, cómo sienta puesta. Adelanto que aunque algunos piensen que una camisa a medida debe quedar ajustada al cuerpo como si fuera una segunda piel -pensamiento erróneo desde mi punto de vista- Yo pienso que la clave de este tipo de prendas es que hagan sentir cómodo al que las porta.

HE SAYS, PERFECT PLACEMENT AND FIT OF SHOULDERS, THE SHOULDER IS WAY OFF OF HIS RIGHT PLACE, THIS SHILL IS A FUCKING IGNORANT SHILL

Arriba vemos cómo encaja a la perfección en hombros, algo que podemos comprobar también desde otro punto de vista en esta visión lateral que nos ofrece la siguiente imagen.

The shirt fits well in neck and shoulders. ( JAJAJAJAJA HE SAID) TOTAL LACK OF PATTERNMATCHING ON A SUPER EASY TO MATCH STRIPE, JAJA THIS SCAMMER WOULD NEVER GET ANY DEGREE ON TAILORING ON ANY SERIOUS SCHOOL AS MINES.

Como vemos abajo, parece que se decantan por un canesú alto y más bien estrecho, quizás para hacer mejor la forma curva de la espalda. Lo cierto es que esto en mi caso me favorece, pues me aporta una espalda bastante limpia de arrugas sin necesidad de recurrir a pinzas altas bajo el canesú.

( VERY CLEAN BACK, JAJAJAJA THE BACK IS A MESS SO THE SLEEVES)

Las iniciales bordadas, esta vez a la altura del pecho, suelen ser un claro distintivo de que una camisa ha sido realizada a medida. No sé porqué pero por mucho que he retocado, en esta imagen no he conseguido sacar un color fidedigno del tono verde de la camisa, quizás afectado por el contraste con la corbata de color morado.

THE BUTTONS ARE 1 CENT POLYESTER

THE CUFF OF A BESPOKE SHIRT, EVEN LACKS OF THE REAL MEASURE OF THE CLIENT JAJAJA

Las iniciales bordadas, esta vez a la altura del pecho, suelen ser un claro distintivo de que una camisa ha sido realizada a medida. No sé porqué pero por mucho que he retocado, en esta imagen no he conseguido sacar un color fidedigno del tono verde de la camisa, quizás afectado por el contraste con la corbata de color morado.

Abajo vemos detalle del puño puesto. Como os decía antes, sencillo y eficaz. ¿Para qué más?

THE BUTTONHOLES ARE POORLY MADE, FOR AN IGNORANT WHO HAS ANY IDEA ABOUT HANDMADE, MUST BE THE MOST, FOR THE REST IS TRUE CRAP.

NOTE THE CUFF IS TOO WIDE FOR HIM, IS THIS " BESPOKE"? THE UNTAILOR IGNORES THE CUFFS ARE MADE TO MEASURE OF THAT PART ( NOTE ANY UNTAILOR OF MADRID KNOWS IT, NOW AFTER MY CRITIQUE, THEY WILL START)

Una de las cosas que más me gusta de esta camisa es su cuello. Según me comentaba Mariano, lo encuentro muy favorecedor porque el pie de cuello del mismo está realizado de forma escotada. Es decir, que va en disminución de altura conforme nos acercamos al punto de abotonadura.

He says this nonsense, the collar band is done curved, as it was a super feature, while is like saying, the fire is very hot. OF COURSE THE COLLAR BAND ARE CURVED, OR STRAIGHT, IT DEPENDS OF THE SHAPE OF THE BUYER, YOU, AND THAT UNTAILOR IGNORES A BASIC RULE OF SHIRTMAKING I LEARNT ON MY FIRST WEEK ON HIGH TAILORING SCHOOL. IGNORANTS!

One of the things I love about this shirt is its collar. ( HE SAYS)

NOTE THE ASSYMETRIC BAD MACHINE STITCHING, NOW COMPARE WITH THE BEAUTIFUL FINE, PERFECT STITCHING OF A KITON OR TRUE NEAPOLITAN SHIRT AS OURS.

Y para terminar, y que podáis ver esta camisa en un contexto completo os dejo esta imagen que ya habéis podido ver algunos por las Redes Sociales…

SEE THE FRONT OF THE SHIRT TOTALLY WRINKLED, DUE TO A POOR PATTERNMAKING AND FIT, THIS NEVER HAPPENS ON ANY KITON OR OUR TRUE NEAPOLITAN SHIRTS, THE RULE NUMBER 1 OF A BESPOKE SHIRT IS TO HAVE ANY BAG OF REMAINING CLOTH AND CLEAN FRONT, ALSO THE TOO TALL NECK, THE UNTAILOR EVEN DOESN´T KNOWS THE RULES OF DRESSING.

Note he even said he invented the Neapolitan cuff jajajaja

Esta ha sido mi primera camisa a medida de confección artesanal, y presiento que no será la última. Como habéis podido observar a lo largo de estas imágenes, esta camisa si ya era especial por sus detalles lo es un poco más por el precioso tono verdoso escogido. Atípico y muy favorecedor, sobre todo para la época de buen tiempo que nos espera ahora.

El precio de esta camisa con este tipo de tejido ronda los 140-160 euros, que a tenor del trabajo, dedicación y servicio que lleva detrás se me antoja un precio bastante acorde.

Proceso de Camisa a medida en Sastrería Langa. (Capítulo II) - SinAbrochar

Sorry, failed to upload the pics.

are here;

http://www.dressedwell.net/threads/fake-tailors-and-craftsmen-who-also-happen-to-be-tackies-exposed.1733/page-3#post-90481

NOTE; ME AS SHIRTMAKER WITH ALL THE DEGREES ON PATTERMAKING IN NAPLES;

I DOUBT THIS LANGA HAS A CLUE ABOUT PATTERNMAKING, as if you click on the pics, it seems he does as Orazio Luciano, an aproximate industrial cut, and then only adds darts on the back, SCAMMER, THIS IS BY ANY REASON A BESPOKE, OR MADE TO MEASURE SHIRT, ANY SEMBLANCE IS PURE COINCIDENCE.

CRAP

Last edited by sartodinapoli (2015-02-16 20:40:13)

#882 2015-02-16 22:49:22

Chévere

Oye Sarto me has hecho reír mucho, gracias.
Y por favor no mejores el inglés que las faltas le añaden salsa al asunto.

Cógelo suave, pero cógelo.

#883 2015-02-16 23:20:09

sartodinapoli

#884 2015-02-18 02:11:52

Naive, Jr.

Excellent research and moral phantasy! You qualify as possible reincarnation of Schiller, author of Aesthetic Education of the Human Being, with extra humour! Muy bien! Muchas Gracias!

Last edited by Naive, Jr. (2015-02-18 02:14:21)

#885 2015-02-23 17:58:02

sartodinapoli

#886 2015-02-24 14:42:23

Chévere

Sarto, I believe the translation is "Surely you will not by enthused by my perfume, and probably I would prefer mine over yours."

Cógelo suave, pero cógelo.

#887 2015-03-04 14:35:09

sartodinapoli

#888 2015-03-06 21:59:52

sartodinapoli

Last edited by sartodinapoli (2015-03-06 22:12:55)

#889 2015-03-06 22:15:49

Bop

What a weasle he is...and about as elegant as Athlete's foot

#890 2015-03-06 23:47:52

sartodinapoli

#891 2015-07-27 01:45:53

IceRoom

Even Crompton himself seems a little unconvinced by this…

http://www.permanentstyle.co.uk/2015/07/simone-abbarchi-finished-bespoke-shirt.html#respond

He also appears to have started using the "Royal 'We'" on some posts and is bringing out a book, about which he writes:

"Most books with a brand per chapter are little more than PR puff. They tell the story of the company and explain what they do, but there is no context, no relative analysis. There is a great deal more to The Finest Menswear in the World, its methodology and its writing. I think – I hope – that this separates it from anything that has come before."

#892 2015-07-27 12:10:46

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

Good to see he's set himself a realistic and achievable goal for the book, I look forward to his winning of the Pulitzer Prize.

Vibe-Rations in Spectra-Sonic-Sound

Board footer