You are not logged in.

#1 2006-03-24 17:37:22

Marc Grayson

Gravati Shoe Trunk Show @ Bergdorf Goodman

Quick note that Gravati shoes has a trunk show at Bergdorf Goodman, NYC, thru Saturday.

Marc

"‘The sense of being perfectly well dressed gives a feeling of inner tranquility which even religion is powerless to bestow." Ralph Waldo Emerson
"Looking good and dressing well is a necessity. Having a purpose in life is not."  Oscar Wilde

#2 2006-03-26 17:57:13

BraceBack Mountain

Re: Gravati Shoe Trunk Show @ Bergdorf Goodman

Never heard of these. Marc, if you have one pair of all the shoe companies you promote, you must have 100 pairs. Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with a 100 pairs, I am impressed not complaining. A lot of the photos you posted elsewhere are fabulous.

#3 2006-03-26 18:05:47

Marc Grayson

I only have a few prs of shoes, certainly not in Imelda Marcos territory.  I'm not affiliated with Gravati, however I think they are an excellent value and a very well-made product, although not well-known in the US. 

Marc

"‘The sense of being perfectly well dressed gives a feeling of inner tranquility which even religion is powerless to bestow." Ralph Waldo Emerson
"Looking good and dressing well is a necessity. Having a purpose in life is not."  Oscar Wilde

#4 2006-03-26 18:12:06

Incroyable

Gravati is also nice in that they often are receptive to one-off orders you may have.

Jukebox Babe

#5 2006-03-26 18:38:03

Marc Grayson

Gravati has literally hundreds of designs that they produce in concert with their retailers, who often want to make stylistic changes to suit the specific tastes of their customers or even their region of the country or world.  The monkstrap on display at the Gravati trunkshow, for example, had a very contemporary, pointy snout, which would appeal to many fashion-forward Bergdorf Goodman customers, while other Gravati monkstrap versions sold by retailers in, say, the Midwest, are built on a more conservative last.  Another venerable shoe manufacturer from Italy, though hard to find in the US, is Barrett, which Sky Valet in DC is starting to carry. 

Marc

#6 2006-03-30 06:58:09

The_Shooman
A pretty face

Never liked the look of Gravati's i've seen pics of. The Gravati's on Ronny Riders site bordered on the plain wierd.

#7 2006-03-30 07:10:43

Marc Grayson

I agree that the Gravati designs showcased by Franco's (Where Ron Rider used to work) do not put Gravati in a flattering light, however, those shoes are more a reflection of the store and what they think will appeal to their customers rather than what Gravati is capable of.  The Gravati selection offered by another store with a strong Internet presence, Harolds In The Heights, in contrast, is far more tasteful.  Same with the selection at Davide Cenci in New York.  The recent Gravati trunk show at Bergdorf's had on display the most appealing, interesting, and sophisticated designs from Gravati, by far, I've seen.  Their NY-based agent, Barbara Roche, was also very pleasant and helpful with special orders.

Marc

#8 2006-03-30 11:01:16

The Count de MTM

Pictures gentlemen, pictures please?

#9 2006-03-30 11:13:19

Marc Grayson

Will post some pics of a couple of Gravati shoes when they arrive *in approx. 6 months* (That's correct, 6 months)

Marc

Board footer