You are not logged in.

#1 2010-05-23 13:33:28

Kingstonian

What are you drinking at the moment ?

A standard thread on most forums.

I am drinking a bottle of Leffe blond(e). Just the thing for the warm weather we are currently enjoying in London. God Bless Belgium.

I have only just put away the heavy woollens and overcoats for the long-awaited Spring/Summer.

#2 2010-05-23 13:52:00

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

Re: What are you drinking at the moment ?

Leffe blonde - guaranteed hangover. Great on draft.

I'm presently drinking Johnnie Walker Red as a long drink mixed with water, I actually prefer it to the Black. More drinkable that the shite Green, but the best in the Johnnie Walker stable remains the Gold followed by Swing and the overpriced Blue comes in third.

Still debating whether to purchase the 4.5 litre bottle thats on sale, from this experiment with a 35cl bottle of Red, I will go for the bid red one.

Vibe-Rations in Spectra-Sonic-Sound

#3 2010-05-23 14:14:02

formby

Johnny Drum Bourbon....neat...

"Dressing, like painting, should have a residual stability, plus punctuation and surprise." - Richard Merkin

Souvent me Souvient

#4 2010-05-23 14:54:39

Maximilien de Robespierre

Cheap Canadian whiskey - I'm out of the good stuff.

#5 2010-05-23 15:34:12

ckav

I've been rationing a bottle of Bas de Armanac. I actually worked last night. I need to pay a few debts, filled the car with petrol and had it washed this morning. I'm planning to replenish my Laphroaig. Actor Michael Giant vibrator is fond of the stuff and flyfishing- another pursuit I had to abandon for now. I've been watching the final 3 episodes of Foyle's War. I will close the curtains, wear one of my english ties and pour a tumbler full watching the last one.
Meanwhile, I was gifted a 6pack of Warsteiner beer. This is my favourite from anecdote. I drove with a friend to Las Vegas. His car overheated repeatedly and all of our water and then sodas went into the damned radiator after I mickey moused a temporary patch on the burst seam. We finally happened on a german A frame deli. While he called AAA for a tow I put 4 down me before ordering a huge plate of 'something in sauerkraut, I'm to exausted to be picky.' I had 2 more with that.

Last edited by ckav (2010-05-23 15:35:20)

#6 2010-05-23 15:49:01

zebear

For lunch I had a glass of Chateau d'Arcins, a Haut Medoc from 2006. Tonight, I am having a herbal tea.

#7 2010-05-23 15:54:09

Big Tony

"What sort of post-apocalyptic deathscape is this?"
"I don't want to look like a cock hungry sailor after all !!!"
"When it comes to infidelity, broken families, and reckless fatherhood, the underclass are amateurs."

#8 2010-05-23 16:21:04

ckav

Bottled, tap, mineral or this super water those dreadfull Lance Armstrong wannabees pay exhorbitant prices for?

#9 2010-05-23 16:27:43

g-

Hoegaarden - but I will switch to Chanson Meursault with dinner.  Summer arrived in the midwest.

#10 2010-05-23 17:31:45

John Rotten

A small tumbler of George T Stagg Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey.  All 140+ proof of it.  One of the best bourbons in the world, bar none.

#11 2010-05-23 18:29:30

jcp

Corner Creek bourbon.  Easy drinking......

#12 2010-05-24 02:40:44

Kingstonian

No hangover from the one large bottle of Leffe and a Lidl German lager.

I watched the Rolling Stones 'Exile on Main Street' documentary last night. They are re-releasing the album.  This was followed by an enormous concert where they recycled their greatest hits in Rio de Janiero. They are shrewd business people these days.

Anyway, the Exile period reminded me how far away rock and roll fashion was from Ivy in the early 70s.

#13 2010-05-24 02:50:49

The_Shooman
A pretty face

Sea weed juice. Tastes crap but it's a great tonic.

#14 2010-05-24 03:00:33

Maximilien de Robespierre

#15 2010-05-24 03:44:47

Kingstonian

^ It is on the BBC iplayer for UK residents anyway.

#16 2010-05-24 04:55:10

Reckless Reggie

I'm Reckless Reggie of the Regent Palace,
I'm in love with every gal;
I flirt with Maudie and I flirt with Alice,
I'm a real life Regent's pal.

#17 2010-05-24 05:27:54

Bishop of Briggs

Sauvignon blanc.

Contrary to lies of FNB and Woofboxer, I (and most of the other "Buff Bastards") have been banned from posting on this forum. There are only a few posters left so don't waste your time on here. This forum is dead and nobody cares.

#18 2010-05-24 12:28:46

Bishop of Briggs

Prosecco.

Contrary to lies of FNB and Woofboxer, I (and most of the other "Buff Bastards") have been banned from posting on this forum. There are only a few posters left so don't waste your time on here. This forum is dead and nobody cares.

#19 2010-05-24 12:35:05

Film Noir Buff
Dandy Nightmare

I am having coffee myself.

#20 2010-05-24 12:55:24

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

Gunpowder tea.

Vibe-Rations in Spectra-Sonic-Sound

#21 2010-05-24 13:42:52

zebear

Remainder of Chateau d'Arcins red 2007 with cheese.

#22 2010-05-24 15:28:39

ckav

I just inflicted online revenge. I did casual labour for a party company setting up chairs,lighting etc for a weddng. It was held at a large chain hotel in Santa Barbara.
Casual labour still means it can be backbreaking and exausting. I asked where the drinking fountains were. I was told they didn't use them, but to ask for bottled water at the reception desk. I did and received water bottled with the hotel logo. In the course of 10.5 hours work I made 4 trips for water.
And then from nowhere a 20 something female in hotel uniform walked up and informed me " bottled wter is for our guests. Vendors use the employee break room." I asked her to SHOW me the room since nobody else even mentioned it. She walked us over and the head Maitre de raised hell about letting vendors use THEIR breakroom. He said this, in spanish believing I couldn't understand him and commented how we had black people in the crew.
I've been denied many things in my life. But water when you're thirsty is something I only recalled in Lawrence Of Arabia.
I just came home from shopping. I have a big green bottle of lime Perrier I am sipping to work out the muscle cramps.

And now, a igent question. When adding water to whiskey, is it cold,room temperature,with ice or a simple matter of preference? I always took mine neat, but am told water can open up the flavour?

#23 2010-05-24 17:24:05

Bishop of Briggs

#24 2010-05-24 19:52:24

The_Shooman
A pretty face

#25 2010-05-24 20:58:06

Popeye Doyle

I'm addicted to the peat. Drank Laphroiag but lately I can hardly tell it from apple cider.  Bought the Cask Strength and it nearly burned out my esophagus but still not enough peat. I found some Bruichladdich Islay--the Norrie Cambell Tribute Bottling 3D3 with extra extra peat.  When I open the bottle people in other rooms come in looking for the wet campfire but it still doesn't have that zing that the Laphroiag used to have.  It was okay, but very expensive and horribly over-packaged with tons of bullshit marketing material to make me feel like I'm so goddamn special.  I appreciate what they are forced to do to make a buck but it's out of control.
I'm saving the small amount I have left for a friend who's visiting next week, so tonight I'm going with a small amount of a good working copy Islay by Bowmore.

Any peaty recommendations greatly appreciated.

"All in all they are a pretty sleazy bunch."
                                            --Cruiser
"Can one safely bone the cordovan of the dead?"
                                            --Quay

Board footer