You are not logged in.

#1 2011-11-26 03:55:15

Bishop of Briggs

British women are the fattest in Europe

This does not surprise me - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-15901351

It appears that we should move to Italy to find slim women. How do American women compare?

Last edited by Bishop of Briggs (2011-11-26 03:56:11)

Contrary to lies of FNB and Woofboxer, I (and most of the other "Buff Bastards") have been banned from posting on this forum. There are only a few posters left so don't waste your time on here. This forum is dead and nobody cares.

#2 2011-11-26 04:43:01

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

Re: British women are the fattest in Europe

Italian women can be ghastly stick insect thin.

It's been evident for years that the average Brit of both sexes is stodgy and flabby in all the wrong places. A look at the ladies thighs is enough to put anyone off. I can spot a Brit in this city, which has a large expat community, by their stodge and bright red too much wine faces at a one hundred yards. They've all got the look.

Vibe-Rations in Spectra-Sonic-Sound

#3 2011-11-26 04:46:38

Andy_B
Ivy Realist

The woman next door to me is enormous.  About twenty stone.  'Strictly', takeaways, cheap wine, big ego but no self-awareness.

#4 2011-11-26 04:54:51

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

It's amazing the amount of ill educated Brit and American chancers in the Hague, who with inflated egos combined with lack of self-awareness that comes from having little education, therefore they know no envelop, have managed to latch themselves onto the oil industry for the ride. I can tell you now their are many lads and lasses in this town, who wouldn't get a job filling Tesco's shelves back in Blighty who are earning a 100,000 plus a year.

Big ego and no self-awareness can be potent tools for the uneducated carrying them further than intelligence, cognitive reasoning or professionalism ever could.

#5 2011-11-26 05:22:14

Andy_B
Ivy Realist

How do they get that way?  My daughters' generations seem the most ignorant, arrogant and self-indulgent I can possibly imagine.  The elder - a teacher - already has an inflated sense of self-entitlement.  The younger - 'Gifted And Talented' - often seems cretinous beyond reason.  How will they end up?  As smug trades unionists with two or three properties and that 'gold-plated' pension, perhaps.

#6 2011-11-26 05:45:43

farrago
Ambassador Of Ivy

#7 2011-11-26 05:46:30

Liam Mac
Ivy Avenger

Fuck that. There will be no such thing as a pension when your daughters generation grow up. Everyone will work til the keel over.

I think the main problem is that alot of folk my age think they are bulletproof. They have been taught to pass exams and how to talk in Interviews, how to sell themselves and make out that they are more valuable than they actually are. The other side of that coin being shy kids who probably have a lot of potential get trampled underfoot.

A mate of mine, who's actually a really nice guy but is just daft as a brush and was never made aware of the fact, gets away with a lot. He once, while working in a big 24hr supermarket, was told by his manager to reprice hundreds of display model electronic goods and put them out as discounted stock. 20% off the HDTV's 25% off smaller items etc. He thought that would be too much work so he just trolleyed it all up to the rubbish compacter and crushed it all. No one got sacked, the buck stopped with no one. It was put down to error because all the managers and my mate are all chancers and bluffers. You've got to talk a  good game now. That's all that's required.

Last edited by Liam Mac (2011-11-26 05:48:09)

#8 2011-11-26 05:51:19

Liam Mac
Ivy Avenger

Also notice how I said "all the managers". So many fucking management positions!

Too many Chefs, not enough cooks for the most part... and the potato peelings been outsourced to China.

#9 2011-11-26 06:03:41

Andy_B
Ivy Realist

Everyone used to work until they keeled over.  Then, after 1945, they decided they'd have themselves a little treat and sit on their butt-ends.  They were aided and abetted in this by the political parties: terrified of offending everyone.  Wilson fucked the country over first.  Then Heath had a go.  Thatcher destroyed the concept of public service.  Blair and Brown pissed money away like sailors on a spree - and here we are, mugged and buggered. 

Sometimes seems there's only family and friends to rely upon.

#10 2011-11-26 06:16:55

Andy_B
Ivy Realist

British women - English women - whoever - seem to have little sense of style.  I see well-dressed women in cities, but rarely in the small towns around here, where it's wall-to-wall Bench.  Either that or they're freezing in January in their boob-tubes - presumably because they're on the pull after swigging enough Bacardi Breezers.  In my experience, though, the slightly larger and conscious of it woman will fuck like a stoat given half the chance.

#11 2011-11-26 06:19:25

formby

"Dressing, like painting, should have a residual stability, plus punctuation and surprise." - Richard Merkin

Souvent me Souvient

#12 2011-11-26 06:26:03

Liam Mac
Ivy Avenger

I'd say you're spot on Andy. Family and friends is where it's at. I've done a fair amount of volunteer work, (selfishly perhaps) because it was good on the CV and I needed the experience. When we put up a fence round an area of woodland, the next weekend kids ripped it down. What really got to me was the apathy of the general public, not the kids who done it. The dog walkers and users of the area were only concerned about when the broken fence was going to be cleared up because it was an eye sore. They knew we were volunteers but they treated us like the complaints dept at the local council. I stopped short of telling one 30 something with a yappy dog and fat headed child to either grab a pick out of the van and help me dig out the stakes or shut the fuck up. When did community go? Was that Thatcher who done that, or did she just finish it off?

After those london riots I was amazed how much of a fuss was made about people sweeping up. Of course people should be out on the streets sweeping up! I wouldn't expect a pat on the back for doing so.

#13 2011-11-26 06:31:44

Andy_B
Ivy Realist

It's - perhaps - community versus capitalism - although I see no viable alternative.  Shooman, on The Wardrobe, talks some sense on occasion.  I live my life according to a certain set of rules.  Injustice is what I hate.  Always take the side of the underdog, no matter how hard it seems.

#14 2011-11-26 06:41:21

Liam Mac
Ivy Avenger

My old man always tells me the story about when the bus and train drivers were off on strike in Glasgow in the 60's, my grandad left early and changed his route to work so he could give strangers a lift. He didn't feel obliged to give his opinion on it all he was just helping out. Can't imagine that happening now. Most people wouldn't even car share.

On fatness, I think the Japanese do all right. Healthy diet, still taught the importance of daily exercise at school(not just the benefits of a gym membership) and it would seem a lack of self indulgence and ego. But even Japan is getting fatter now.

Last edited by Liam Mac (2011-11-26 06:42:20)

#15 2011-11-26 06:45:19

formby

"Dressing, like painting, should have a residual stability, plus punctuation and surprise." - Richard Merkin

Souvent me Souvient

#16 2011-11-26 06:57:45

Andy_B
Ivy Realist

^ Been going on for twenty years or more, in both sectors.  I used to have to try and find work for lads and lasses who had received 'an education'.  Then - on occasion - I had to pacify the clients.  In teaching, I can honestly tell you, A-Level students are the pits.

#17 2011-11-26 07:21:06

formby

Souvent me Souvient

#18 2011-11-26 07:31:12

Andy_B
Ivy Realist

It is instructive to read a little book of G.E. Elton's, possibly first published in the 1950s and reprinted in the 60s.  Oxbridge post-graduates even then he saw as numbskulls.  I had to give a Ph.D from Nottingham University the boot back in 2005.  Too big a brain, too limited a capacity for explaining GCSE combined science to a 15 year old.

#19 2011-11-26 08:19:26

Andy_B
Ivy Realist

Another worrying trend is that many parents are now afraid of their own children.  They are able to wield an awful lot of power once they cotton on.

#20 2011-11-26 09:06:35

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

#21 2011-11-26 09:42:47

formby

Souvent me Souvient

#22 2011-11-26 12:03:04

Bishop of Briggs

I was wondering if the huge number of cooking programmes on the television are to blame for British obesity.

Contrary to lies of FNB and Woofboxer, I (and most of the other "Buff Bastards") have been banned from posting on this forum. There are only a few posters left so don't waste your time on here. This forum is dead and nobody cares.

#23 2011-11-26 12:11:22

formby

Souvent me Souvient

#24 2011-11-26 13:19:11

Bishop of Briggs

#25 2011-11-27 01:15:34

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

^And one of them is dead.

They say that the cookery programme has taken the place of sex on television. Certainly with curvaceous Bourbon drinking Nigella it has.

The Brits are hooked on prepackaged meals and protein supplements, I wouldn't know where to buy one over here. And in the Netherlands there's still real high street butchers and fishmongers with quality cuts and fresh fish. The only thing saving the Brits is the lack of steroids in the food chain, otherwise they would all look like American fatties.

Board footer