Ivy Avenger

Re: HARDY AND JOHNSON

Congrats Henry.

No suit though.... sorry.

#52 2012-10-30 06:51:51

12BarBlues
Mr. Ivy

Cheers Liam. Apologies H&J I didn't mean to derail your thread.

"To be honest I do like FNB...I always feel one of the thunderbirds when I say it."

#53 2012-10-30 06:57:56

Chris_H
Ivy Original

No problem Henry...congratulations!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/hardyandjohnson/

#54 2012-10-30 12:36:00

12BarBlues
Mr. Ivy

Thanks Chris.

"To be honest I do like FNB...I always feel one of the thunderbirds when I say it."

#55 2012-11-06 06:12:30

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

Bumping this because Chris and Lloyd have had such a HUGE amount of positive feedback lately.

Whatever they're doing, they're doing it right !

Jim.

#56 2012-11-06 06:18:19

Drum Thunder !!!
Son of Odin

We are lucky really, between them, Zach, Darcy and TJ, we can live an Ivy fulfilled existence... also, I don't have to worry about customs charges with H&J.

Arrives unpressed and minimally packaged.

#57 2012-11-15 11:35:33

Chris_H
Ivy Original

Just a quick 'heads-up' to let you all know we've posted a few more things today.

#58 2012-12-21 01:17:31

Chris_H
Ivy Original

Last edited by Chris_H (2012-12-21 01:55:56)

#59 2012-12-21 03:10:37

12BarBlues
Mr. Ivy

Happy Christmas to you and Lloyd. Thank you for the threads, and here's to more of the same next year.

Henry

#60 2013-01-09 02:10:40

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

Quick bump for H&J who are on an absolute roll right now.

#61 2013-02-21 08:01:42

Chris_H
Ivy Original

#62 2013-02-21 10:47:34

Oliver

Those Clubman tab collars are solid gold... I'd kill for one in a 15/33!

#63 2013-02-21 10:59:14

Tomiskinky

All bigger sizes man, shame - for me!

#64 2013-03-21 12:50:33

Chris_H
Ivy Original

Hello, we,ve put a few pieces up today, but they're going fast.....

#65 2013-03-21 15:07:19

PT

Why only on sadbook, some of us prefer to live in the real world not where what some random stranger who claims to be a friend has had for their tea (dinner to the southern/overseas members)

Last edited by PT (2013-03-22 03:29:22)

"Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy."

#66 2013-03-22 03:27:10

RobbieB

^
+1

'I am a closet optimist' Leonard Cohen.

#67 2013-03-22 03:43:39

Thee Captain

Oh how thee modern age doth sucketh....

Well you only have to set up an account fellas and loiter - I only use it for H & J titbits/JS/American Classics and the like - just "like" what you like and don't make any friends....it's then not painful at all...

H & J's stuff is in great detail there...images/info/feedback are superb....

He came he saw he gave the WANKER SIGN! Moved on from Talk Bollocks now as it's well shite innit and y'all look MINGIN'..
I Lunge Therefore I Am #theecaptainofsuave
https://www.mixcloud.com/TheeCaptainOfSuave

#68 2013-03-22 04:09:17

Armchaired
Ivy I.V.

�Careful with that axe Eugene.�

#69 2013-03-22 06:54:20

the_slacker

Took me an hour to get access to a facebook log in, but disappointingly it all appears to be the usual 40R stuff.

Saying NO! to Primark

#70 2013-09-26 09:24:37

Chris_H
Ivy Original

Last edited by Chris_H (2013-09-26 09:29:08)

#71 2013-09-26 09:34:15

colin
Bright Light

Chris, looks like an actual store you have opening, anything you can reveal about it?

#72 2013-09-26 09:38:23

Thee Captain

Wonderful stuff Chris...

Said I was gonna pop by later didn't I...sorry fella..can't do as have to be somewhere in town at 7...Will plan for next Thursday if that's cool?...and looking forward to it going on those images...

He came he saw he gave the WANKER SIGN! Moved on from Talk Bollocks now as it's well shite innit and y'all look MINGIN'..

#73 2013-09-26 10:52:34

Chris_H
Ivy Original

Looking forward to seeing you next week Andy......Colin it is an actual store, but not in the conventional sense....all will be revealed soon....

#74 2013-09-26 16:13:45

IvyLeagueOfGentlemen
Ivyist

"As I looked out into that night sky, with all those infinite stars, it made me realise how unimportant they are"

Peter Cook

#75 2013-10-03 17:27:14

Thee Captain

Folks... lend me your ears for I have a tale to tell...

I left work this evening still chuckling over the pressing issue of the day there which was IT Dave informing us all that rectal massage was a cure for hiccups... yep, that shit's for real....we all googled...naturally..so y'all have that titbit on me now ya hear and get frantically fingering next time you're making a tit of yerself in public, eh? Better still - get the one you love to offer a helping hand...so to speak....

I was then gobsmacked to see it had brightened up somewhat and only having just about dried up post lunchtime constitutional, I then proceeded to sweat my nads off in an extremely packed tube wedged in between 2 powerfully built women of a similar age who I now (in hindsight) have a sneaky feeling were mentally undressing me for thee entire duration of my journey as each time I caught their eye, they seemed to be smirking, nay giggling back at me... but being wired for sound I was merely just a tad discombobulated at the time...

Anyhoo...back to the matter in hand...

I got off at where I needed to to and made my way to H&J's in eager anticipation as I'd not been there since the middle of last year I think and all this talk of "the shop" was way too much for a mere mortal like me to comprehend...

Arriving there, I  could not wait to get my coat off people... Thee Captain was overheating and no mistake...I fear I may have had an extremely large sweat map of the continent of Africa down my back - and if so Chris, then I can only apologise (see paragraph 3 m'lud) and pray that my SURE had not let me down....

Pleasantries and a welcome cuppa were exchanged and then.......and then.....and then......Christ on a bike, where's the drum-roll and fanfare when you need it....

Thee immortal words rang out - right then, let's show him "the shop"......

Yep - I needed a moment I can tell you, to take in JUST EXACTLY WHAT....had hit me between the eyes....

Now I'd seen some images online which looked fantastic but man in the flesh?.....in the flesh?? Man alive, this really was something special!
My eyeballs didn't know what to clock next...kids in a sweetshop....some lucky sod stuck in a lift with Alexandra Bastedo in 1968.... scoring a 35 yard screamer at the Loft End....yes yes that's all well and good...but here my cherubs... here was a jaw-dropping, eye-watering, buttock-clenching slice of heaven on earth...

Everywhere I looked, something inside me yelled "Get this Captain...get that...no put that back and get that...."....I think you get my drift...

A couple of items had long caught my eye from their Facebook page, but having become a Tweetin' Twatterer in recent times and never having been much of a Facebooker... I'd let my memory slip and frankly, I had a feeling that the items I liked would be too big for me.....

Well whaddya know......of course this story has a happy ending..... Thee Ivy Gods were looking down on Thee Captain alright...probably the same bleeders telling me to buy even more come to think of it......OH YOU GODS....WHY I OUGHTA!!!!!

So coming away with 3 items (I'll be slapping these images upon you in due course..tho' it'll have to lose a few degrees out there yet...) was joy enough....but good people of Talk Ivy...the whole experience was way way more...

The knowledge, discerning eye, opinion and ultimately the consummate STYLE of these 2 fellas is just a pleasure in itself.

Their stories, wantlists, invaluable titbits on offer are something you should all experience if you can.

"THE SHOP" is wonderfully designed..as you'd expect...and they're not finished with it yet...so I for one look forward to that!

Any of you on here in the south east at least who've never paid these fellas a visit is basically a plank of the mightiest oak order...what are you doing chillun?!?!??!

Go...be inspired...get tips...hopefully pick up a real gem... and be moved by 2 splendid gentleman who are not only great blokes but a fountain of knowledge and immaculately turned out to boot!

So -  I shall be raising many a glass moving forward to their new venture and am sure I'll be back sooner than later next time as them wretched Ivy Gods are still having it large in Thee Captain's lug 'oles...

H & J - I salute you!!

P.S. H-h-hello - I've got hiccups...

Board footer