You are not logged in.

#26 2006-04-30 07:35:45

Ed

Re: Nino Corvato Designs

Recently, Letterman has sported two button peaked lapel suits and occasionally three button notched lapel suits.
He keeps these buttoned except while sitting.

Regards.
Ed

#27 2006-04-30 09:19:36

Marc Grayson

I wonder how Letterman came to be a client of Mr. Corvato.  In negotiating with CBS what would be a record-breaking contract at the time, one of then-CBS Chairman Lawrence Tisch's demands was that Letterman wear suits, which he had not done during his previous NBC daytime show.

From a Letterman interview with Playboy magazine...

PLAYBOY: We don't see stagehands as much, and a great deal has been made about the fact that you're wearing a coat that
matches your pants. When did you come to this decision to wear suits like a grown-up?

LETTERMAN: We felt like everybody was driving us nuts, saying, "Well, What are you going to do? It's 11:30, not 12:30." We
didn't pay much attention to it, but the truth of it was, I didn't really know. We did know that CBS spent a lot of money on the show. It was going to be 11:30. We were going to have a larger audience. We had to at least make it look like they were getting their money's worth from it. Also, from a practical side, I got so tired of, "Do these pants go with this jacket? Does this tie?" And now you pretty much know the jacket and pants are going to go together. That's kind of a given. So it limited the decision-making ordeal.

"‘The sense of being perfectly well dressed gives a feeling of inner tranquility which even religion is powerless to bestow." Ralph Waldo Emerson
"Looking good and dressing well is a necessity. Having a purpose in life is not."  Oscar Wilde

#28 2006-04-30 09:42:55

Film Noir Buff
Dandy Nightmare

Its nice seeing what your own suits look like every evening.

I cant tell if he has the little teardrop boutenniere on his lapels. Has anyone else noticed that? i need a bigger TV.

#29 2006-05-04 17:44:23

vonzippa

I am double posting this question ("A most satisfactory purveyor of cloth" thread also).  I am wondering if anyone has had a chance to see the Dormeuil Voyage cloth?  And can anyone tell me if Corvato supplies Dormeuil?

Thanks,

Board footer