You are not logged in.

#1 2013-12-07 00:24:39

fxh
Big Down Under.

Liam MacDonald Memorial

Liam's friends and relatives have set up a memorial fund in Liam's name with the aim of raising enough funds to dedicate an area of mature forest in the highlands to Liam.

It has been linked to on another thread but I am starting a thread here dedicated.

Here is the link: http://www.dedicatetrees.com/FundPage.aspx?id=101272

I'm not sure if The Buff Boys is someone from here. If not its uncanny. ("canny" fnar fnar)

If people want you can send $ to me via paypal at fxholden@gmail.com and I will after 3 weeks send it on the fund and call it From FNB Clothing Forum.

Or if you don't trust me, and why should you, or want to make your own contribution, you can just send $ straight there via a credit card.

To do: insert constantly changing witty, knowing and slightly ironic literary quote or reference.

http://sexyankles.tumblr.com/

#2 2013-12-07 01:18:05

Bop

Re: Liam MacDonald Memorial

That was from a forum member who wanted to remain anonymous..and already put a bit in on our behalf. It wasn't me btw I'm having to wait till I get paid. But like I said it's a lovely thing to do for Liam. Many of us shared his love of nature and the outdoors, and to have his memory live on in such a way is a beautiful thing.

#3 2013-12-07 03:38:51

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

This is a great idea and a good way to show our respect to our fallen comrade.

Vibe-Rations in Spectra-Sonic-Sound

#4 2013-12-11 16:45:49

duncan

Thank you for  posting link fxh, and thank you all for contributing and for all your kind sentiments.
Fund is set to mature on Liams birthday (August) next year at which point his parents will be able to finalise location etc.
If it is their wish I will post details here, so anyone local who may wish to can visit

#5 2013-12-14 15:18:51

Hammerhead

Duncan,

Please do,I'm local and would certainly visit to pay my respects.

#6 2013-12-16 05:50:04

Moose Maclennan
Ivy Inspiration

fxh wrote:

...If people want you can send $ to me via paypal at fxholden@gmail.com and I will after 3 weeks send it on the fund and call it From FNB Clothing Forum.

Or if you don't trust me, and why should you, or want to make your own contribution, you can just send $ straight there via a credit card.

That bloody treehuggers' site doesn't like my credit card, so I've taken you up on the kind paypal offer fxh.

#7 2014-01-11 05:15:39

Moose Maclennan
Ivy Inspiration

fxh - check your inbox please...

#8 2014-01-13 00:56:17

Moose Maclennan
Ivy Inspiration

Well it's been over 5 weeks now and I can't get any information via PM or email.

How much has been collected, and when should we expect it to be transferred to Liam's fund?

#9 2014-01-14 00:58:06

Bop

Hi Moose, we'll look to get this sorted as soon as we can. Sorry about any issues you've had.

As for the threads for Liam we have agreed on how we will go about treating them which should hopefully be sorted in the next few days

#10 2014-01-14 01:46:21

Sammy Ambrose

Moose Maclennan wrote:

It looks like I have to ask again.

There are three 'Liam' stickies on this subforum alone, this particular one by a moderator soliciting money.

The deal was not 'Paypal me $$$ and I may or may not at some undefined point in the future send on a contribution to Liam's fund. Please understand I do not wish to be held accountable for for any of this stuff and am not inclined to answer PMs or posts about it'.

In that case I would not have contributed.

Should this really be a sticky, prominent post on this forum? I am annoyed and disappointed that a moderator of this forum is handling this matter so off-handedly.

Might I suggest that you PM Shooman as he has access to fxh in  the real world and may be able to telephone him, should Shooman's  telepathic skills  be playing up at the moment.

This assumes of course that fxh and Shooey aren't in cahoots together and have hit upon an ingenious way of starting up the beansprout factory they have both dreamt about since childhood, when they haven't been dreaming about vintage footwear and girls with tattoos.

Last edited by Sammy Ambrose (2014-01-14 02:32:49)

If you aren't seeing through all three eyes at once day and night you are up shit creek without a paddle. The Shooman

#11 2014-01-14 03:17:25

Moose Maclennan
Ivy Inspiration

FXH has just contacted me. He's busy and has varied currencies to deal with, pretty much what I thought - but good to hear. Should all be clear in the next few days.

Thanks for getting in touch and posting us on the progress.

#12 2014-01-14 03:29:48

Bop

Well there might be some confusion over the break Oz seems to have 6 weeks off compared to our 2. Coupled with the fact that its not particularly hospitable weather wise out there at the mo, and FXH is having to convert lots of different currencies back and forth its not a straight forward request.

This thread will be pinned for a year. Btw.

I dont believe anything under hand is going on just the fact FXH has been very busy. If anyone would like their money back that is fine. But at this time rumours of a lentil factory are completely unfounded.

#13 2014-01-14 03:30:24

Bop

Whoops didnt see you had posted Moose

#14 2014-01-14 03:37:13

fxh
Big Down Under.

I was leaving it as some had said they would contribute after xmas as they were a bit short.

Here in oz xmas is from 20 dec to 30 jan. Everyone is on holidays

If you are going to kick in through this way then I'll need it by tomorrow. You can just kick in yourself.

I think I have to do it in GBP - and its not clear if I can use my card - I'll work it out - its not possible to see the whole process except by going through it.

I might put 1GBP through to test how the system work - so don't panic if you see $1GBP -  I haven't taken off to Scunthorpe with the loot.

Its 43C here and I'm not feeling the creative juices - I thought I'd just say:

Liam, We miss your enthusiastic contributions.

From all at Film Noir Buff's Clothing forum.

I might get more creative tomorrow.

I have assumed you all want to be anon and just part of the group.

If you want your name mentioned  let me know

To do: insert constantly changing witty, knowing and slightly ironic literary quote or reference.

#15 2014-01-14 03:48:18

Sammy Ambrose

fxh wrote:

From all at Film Noir Buff's Clothing forum.[/i]

I'd reconsider that apostrophe.

Last edited by Sammy Ambrose (2014-01-14 03:48:44)

If you aren't seeing through all three eyes at once day and night you are up shit creek without a paddle. The Shooman

#16 2014-01-14 04:36:32

Moose Maclennan
Ivy Inspiration

To be clear - 'monkey business' was the last thing I'd thought of; just felt the thread due to its nature should do what it says on the tin or have a short status report - I was just somewhat exasperated at not being able to catch fxh for info.

#17 2014-01-14 04:39:45

fxh
Big Down Under.

I have 165GBP so far.
Looks as if I cant pay in from here.
Making arrangements with others behind the scenes.

#18 2014-01-26 11:46:39

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate

Chaps - the 165 that Fxh collected has now been paid into the fund under the name 'Liam's Talk Ivy mates'.

There were also donations from 'The Buff Boys' and various other members. Many thanks to all who contributed, this is a great memorial for a woodsman like Liam.

The fund is still open at http://www.dedicatetrees.com/FundPage.aspx?id=101272 if you want to chip in.

'I'm not that keen on the Average Look .......ever'. 
John Simons

#19 2014-01-26 11:53:37

doghouse

Well done fellas.

Hide thy infants, hide thy Lady, and hide thy husband, alas they art forcing sexual intercourse upon the entire populace. - Wm Shakespeare

#20 2014-01-26 13:13:02

Fifi30

Hi. I am one of Liam's cousins. I would just like to personally thank you all for your generous donation on Liam's memorial tree dedication.   It is touching to see so many people think of him.. He truly was one in a million.

Thanks for your support xx

#21 2014-01-26 17:26:50

fxh
Big Down Under.

Finally done - as woof said - I couldn't transfer into fund directly from here so woof helped out.
All told from what I know about anon donations etc independent of this thread forum members have kicked in to the tune of $400+ GBP

The fund stays open for almost a year.

http://www.dedicatetrees.com/FundPage.aspx?id=101272

#22 2014-01-26 17:29:36

fxh
Big Down Under.

fxh wrote:

Finally done - as woof said - I couldn't transfer into fund directly from here so woof helped out.
ll told from what I know about anon donations etc independent of this thread forum members have kicked in to the tune of $400+ GBP

I cant resist this - just for Liam -

If you want to leaf a memory and help Liam get wood then chip in from the Talk Ivy branch of FNB

#23 2014-01-27 00:29:41

Moose Maclennan
Ivy Inspiration

big_smile

#24 2014-01-27 06:43:42

doghouse

fxh wrote:

fxh wrote:

ll told from what I know about anon donations etc independent of this thread forum members have kicked in to the tune of $400+ GBP

I cant resist this - just for Liam -

If you want to leaf a memory and help Liam get wood then chip in from the Talk Ivy branch of FNB

http://www.surfaceforums.net/forum/attachments/surface-forum-site-news/14d1340403489-humorous-pic-shows-evolution-tablets-let-facepalms-commence-picard-facepalm_o_gifsoup.com.gif

Hide thy infants, hide thy Lady, and hide thy husband, alas they art forcing sexual intercourse upon the entire populace. - Wm Shakespeare

#25 2014-01-27 07:55:35

Moose Maclennan
Ivy Inspiration

I for one am rooting for the fund to hit the 1000 mark soon!

Board footer