You are not logged in.

#26 2014-09-16 08:51:19

Oliver

Re: Luxire chinos

A bit concerned that my order has already shipped not even a full week after placing it... how does a custom pair of pants get MTM in less than a week; should I be worried?

#27 2014-09-16 08:53:53

Harpo
The Best In The West

Randy lower-class trifler

#28 2014-09-16 08:55:46

Worried Man

They probably just had a pair of those already made up just to your exact specs from some previous order that got cancelled.  You lucked out.

"We close our sto' at a reasonable hour because we figure anybody who would want one of our suits has got time to stroll over here in the daytime." - VP of George Muse Clothing, Atlanta, 1955

#29 2014-09-16 08:57:25

Harpo
The Best In The West

Or just took them off a dead guy in the street and made some alterations. You lucky so-and-so.

Randy lower-class trifler

#30 2014-09-16 09:00:19

Worried Man

Or Oliver's clothes buying reputation precedes him and when the order came in, the owner took it down to the sweat shop and personally demanded they complete it in record time, with the utmost care and attention to detail.  "We could be getting a lot of business from this Oliver man!!"

"We close our sto' at a reasonable hour because we figure anybody who would want one of our suits has got time to stroll over here in the daytime." - VP of George Muse Clothing, Atlanta, 1955

#31 2014-09-16 09:01:28

Oliver

#32 2014-09-16 09:02:34

Oliver

#33 2014-09-16 09:08:43

Thee Captain

He came he saw he gave the WANKER SIGN! Moved on from Talk Bollocks now as it's well shite innit and y'all look MINGIN'..
I Lunge Therefore I Am #theecaptainofsuave
https://www.mixcloud.com/TheeCaptainOfSuave

#34 2014-09-16 09:11:30

Oliver

#35 2014-09-16 09:17:01

Thee Captain

He came he saw he gave the WANKER SIGN! Moved on from Talk Bollocks now as it's well shite innit and y'all look MINGIN'..
I Lunge Therefore I Am #theecaptainofsuave
https://www.mixcloud.com/TheeCaptainOfSuave

#36 2014-09-16 09:19:16

Worried Man

Yeah, Oliver's really tweaking.

#37 2014-09-16 09:20:09

Oliver

Haha

#38 2014-09-16 10:19:59

fxh
Big Down Under.

Twerking?

#39 2014-09-16 10:23:08

Worried Man

Now that's something I'd like to see.  Oliver, could you post a video of yourself twerking to Soft Should Shuffle?  We do need a video.

#40 2014-09-16 11:20:49

Oliver

You've got it man - wait 'till my new chinos arrive!

#41 2014-09-16 11:21:28

stanshall

"bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay"

#42 2014-09-16 11:50:49

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

Being that in India contractual deliveries are never honoured, I expect that Oliver has unlocked the key to some Thongs made of barbed wire's box of colourfull Bollywood intrigue and madness. I'm glad I'm only watching it......

Vibe-Rations in Spectra-Sonic-Sound

#43 2014-09-16 11:57:54

Worried Man

#44 2014-09-22 10:28:02

Oliver

So the order arrived today and I'm afraid I can't recommend their service nor will I be ordering again.

Here's a copy of the email that I just fired off to Luxire...

I received this order today and I am not happy with the results at all. You did not follow any of the measurements provided and they are not cut to spec. I don't understand why you would offer made to measure service if they are not made to the measurements provided. Every single measurement is off.

I asked for 11.5" front rise, you cut them to 12"

I asked for 18.5" back rise, you cut them to 17.5"

I asked for 30.25" inseam, you cut them to 30.75"

I asked for 9.75" knee, you cut to 10"

I asked for 8.5" hem, you cut them to 8.75"

Even the 1.5" cuffs are not accurate and are off by 0.2"

It seems that your tailor is not capable of cutting to specifics.

Moreover, I specified PLAIN canvas colored lining and you attached a hideous looking green and orange striped coth.

At this point, I will simply cut my losses and take these to my local alterations tailor. I would like to receive a significant discount however as these are not the custom trousers that I ordered. I would expect to be credit for at least 25% of the purchase price as the trousers need to be completely recut, relined, and taken in. I do not want to send them back as I don't trust that your tailor can do a proficient job of correcting these issues. I would rather have them done locally in person. Please write back ASAP. I think a 25% credit on this order is only fair considering none of the measurements reflect those that were provided; this is hardly a pair of "custom made to measure" trousers... more like "made somewhat similar"... yet inaccurate. The fact that I need to have them relined, hemmed, tapered all over, recuffed... and that the back rise is significantly off (which is a major screw up and can't be corrected!) is seriously not fair and not right. I would like to be compensated adequately and expect at least 25% to be credited for this order. The quality and craftsmanship of tailoring is severely lacking and disappointing. I could not recommend your service and strongly suggest that you consider hiring a more proficient and better trained tailor who can cut accurately and follow specs if you are going to offer a proper made to measure service. Please write back ASAP.

Thanks very much,
Oliver

#45 2014-09-22 10:32:14

Oliver

PS - The cloth is nothing special either; kind of disappointing. My J.Press chinos are lightyears ahead. I should've just waited until Japan. These will be fine once I make some small adjustments but they aren't nearly worth the $155 or whatever I paid asking price. They also aren't really made to measure at all. They loosely follow the measurements provided... loosely meaning they could be off anywhere from .25 of an inch to a full inch, which is unacceptable for a service claiming to offer full MTM customization. In hindisght, I should've asked for 50% off because that won't even cover the alterations. I think I'm gonna send a second email.

#46 2014-09-22 11:07:29

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

Having travelled to India, I feared such a result, don't believe the marketing spin about the so called Indian Tiger and the latest nonsense about the Indian knowledge culture and export: it's a third world caste ridden hell hole, all the rest is BS and we all know it!

Vibe-Rations in Spectra-Sonic-Sound

#47 2014-09-22 11:23:40

Oliver

Not to mention I SPECIFICALLY said no colorful patterned lining and they sewed in a green and orange striped hideous 1970s drapery looking cloth. There's nothing custom made about these pants. I knew the price seemed to good to be true. Oh well, lesson learned!

#48 2014-09-22 12:12:59

Worried Man

Sorry to hear this Oliver.  My flannels weren't spot on either, but at least they were more accurate than the outcome of your experiment.  I tried on my flannels recently and kind of hate them.  They also still need some alterations in the seat and upper thigh, but the overarching issue is that they're just too damn thick.  I could maybe save them for the occasion that I traverse Antarctica.  I still may try a shirt from them at some point, but I don't think I'll be trying any more pants.  I wonder if the copying option would produce better results?

#49 2014-09-22 12:35:59

Oliver

No need to be sorry man!

Who knows about the copy option but I wouldn't risk another order. I'll still get some wear out of these pants, I probably wouldn't have ordered them had I known the outcome though. They asked me to send photos with my tailor's tape as if I'm the one who doesn't know how to measure. I better get a reasonable refund or I'm gonna file a PayPal dispute. The stupid lining is reason enough; how hard is it to follow simple directions when they advertise custom hand-made pants? Plain canvas colored lining shouldn't be that hard to accommodate. As soon as I get a partial refund I'll shut up and be content. I won't give them more business though. I don't know what their custom shirt prices run but you can get the exact same thing from good old Made in the US of A Mercers with any degree of customization you like and the friendliest more personalized service. I'm a one brand man when it comes to button downs; you can't beat perfect.

#50 2014-09-22 12:59:34

Worried Man

I agree with you on the Mercer point.  I don't really have any desire to use Luxire for an OCBD.  If I were to do a shirt from Luxire it would probably be something fun and casual like a plaid popover with rear collar button or something.  But I've got so many oddball casual shirts even that's not likely at this point.

Board footer