You are not logged in.

#1 2014-10-19 02:08:16

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

Ralph Lauren's Art of Advertising

As Oxford Cloth Buttondown states, no one does the art of advertising better than Ralphy-boy:

http://www.ivy-style.com/happy-birthday-ralph-lauren.html#more-7197

Vibe-Rations in Spectra-Sonic-Sound

#2 2014-10-19 10:59:50

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

Re: Ralph Lauren's Art of Advertising

Don't be frightened, just because a lot of comments on Chenners' site draw attention to the homoerotic undertones in some of the Ralph Lauren advertising, particularly if you look from the perspective that Batman & Robin are the perfect gay couple, it's okay, you can comment on the art of advertising as used by Ralph Lauren with impunity and without fear of being labeled.

#3 2014-10-19 11:14:33

Armchaired
Ivy I.V.

�Careful with that axe Eugene.�

#4 2014-10-19 11:44:31

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

It's all going in there, clone zone jacket and turtle-neck wearing males combined with babe conveniently proportioned in the bottom right of advert, signifying that the boyz get their kicks first. Of course, that's only one reading of this photo.

#5 2014-10-19 12:20:11

Joey

Talking negatively about homoerotic undertones in clothing advertisements is very Ivy style (or should I say "Ivy Style?")

There are a bunch of men in those ads because they are ads for men's fashion. I'm sure Ralph could just as easily fill his ads with a bunch of conservative women in WASP-friendly heterosexual couplings but then we wouldn't see as many examples of his menswear line.

#6 2014-10-19 15:07:15

Bop

Surely these are the guys that have those type of supressed leanings to get upset about it in the first place. Because if you were gay you'd enjoy the images. And if you were undoubtedly hetro the images wouldn't arouse the idea of them being homoerotic?

Board footer