You are not logged in.

#1 2015-02-26 16:53:52

Armchaired
Ivy I.V.

Ivy mentorship

Have you ever unknowingly mentored someone in Ivy.?

Quite unintentionally I seemed to have turned a young colleague onto this thing of ours.

I have spent the last couple of years mentoring a great guy at work .who is twenty years my junior. I promoted him and the first thing I instilled in him was as a leader he needs to project
himself  appropriately with a smart appearance. It started off by nagging him into buying  a couple of pairs of shoes that didn't have dreaded square toes. Shoe trees followed and you may all be amused to hear that I have passed my OCD habit of never driving in dress shoes onto him. The process then progressed into getting him out of low rise trousers and cheap shirts. I saw him this morning and he is now starting to exhibit strong signs of “the look” without him even knowing or having the first clue about what Ivy is.

�Careful with that axe Eugene.�

#2 2015-02-26 16:57:31

Worried Man

Re: Ivy mentorship

Very good job.  We must convert one at a time.  I haven't mentored anyone to my knowledge.

"We close our sto' at a reasonable hour because we figure anybody who would want one of our suits has got time to stroll over here in the daytime." - VP of George Muse Clothing, Atlanta, 1955

#3 2015-02-26 17:00:48

Armchaired
Ivy I.V.

#4 2015-02-26 17:05:19

Worried Man

I'm flattered, good friend.  But I really would love to have one of my "real life" acquaintances provide an opportunity for me to shape their style choices.  I guess it's time for me to have a child huh?  smile

Hope Mrs. WM doesn't see that.

Last edited by Worried Man (2015-02-26 17:07:35)

"We close our sto' at a reasonable hour because we figure anybody who would want one of our suits has got time to stroll over here in the daytime." - VP of George Muse Clothing, Atlanta, 1955

#5 2015-02-26 17:08:04

Armchaired
Ivy I.V.

#6 2015-02-26 17:19:23

SanchoPanza

WM is my mentor. Don't actually cares how he sees it. Oli too, been many questions to those two. And Liam! He was the only one who actually like my lovebeads haha.

#7 2015-02-26 17:46:18

Patrick

A young guy at my office asked for assistance a few years back. We found a suit and a couple of jackets for him on the cheap. (Wife and two small children + working at small weekly newspaper = not a lot of spare cash.) Not specifically Ivy but it was easy to find sacks for him at the local thrift

Otter : Take it easy, I'm pre-law.
Boon : I thought you were pre-med.
Otter : What's the difference?

#8 2015-02-26 18:21:19

Worried Man

#9 2015-02-26 18:26:45

Worried Man

Board footer