You are not logged in.

#1 2016-09-08 13:54:01

Beestonplace

City Airport

Fugg it. Difficult to get there - in rush hour I almost got stuck in the East End.
No Shopping
No lounges

I LOVE , this foum

#2 2016-09-09 01:02:45

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

Re: City Airport

I've cut it fine there once or twice, but it's ideal for me, from taking off at City to Rotterdam and driving home can be done on a good day in 60 minutes. Great.

You've got Meantime on draft there, not a bad London brewery. There's a few flights less than there use to be to Rotterdam, I was thinking of getting the train next time to London, better placed city wise and more services in the day if you want to go earlier or later. But the problem there, outside the usual threats these days, is that it's fast to Brussels, then it all slows down to Rotterdam or The Hague.

Some of the worse turbulence I've experienced was on early morning flight last year from Rotterdam and City on a turbo-prop, 20 minutes of feeling of stalling, dropping and the captain said he was slowing the plane right down so that it was more bearable. Awful.

Vibe-Rations in Spectra-Sonic-Sound

#3 2016-09-09 15:28:05

TakasakiJeff

But you get through so quickly that you don't need shopping or a decent lounge.  So much better than flogging through Heathrow, which is my personal idea of a hot oil enema.

And you can be there in no time from the City or Canary Wharf on the DLR.  City Airport (or the Eurostar) every time for me if going to W. Europe...

#4 2016-09-09 15:39:24

formby1

The last time I flew from Liverpool to City of London Airport, the flight was quicker than the train journey from the Airport to the city centre.

The armed police were a bit twitchy mind...

"Dressing, like painting, should have a residual stability, plus punctuation and surprise." - Richard Merkin

Souvent me Souvient

#5 2016-09-09 15:50:47

TakasakiJeff

#6 2016-09-09 16:05:07

formby1

"Dressing, like painting, should have a residual stability, plus punctuation and surprise." - Richard Merkin

Souvent me Souvient

#7 2016-10-30 06:07:22

Beestonplace

I am going to be in town next week. Hm, City or Heathrow. Somehow I have grown quite fond of City.

I LOVE , this foum

Board footer