You are not logged in.

#126 2016-12-01 10:42:40

Oliver

Re: Pendleton

I actually don't mind those big collars and have to admit that I sort of dig the transition from the 40s-50s loop collar silhouette to the narrowed notch lapel of the later decade. I'm actually watching one in an off-brand now on Etsy and waiting to hear back from the seller with some sizing info. I've been getting much more into rustic mid century Americana lately so these fit right into that groove. I would love to find some standard lapel pre-woolmark Topsters in the aforementioned style in small though. I've got about four or five already in some nice patterns and I recently acquired one in blackwatch tartan a few weeks ago, which was top of my list. The sleeves are a touch short so I've been steaming and stretching them to decent effect and I replaced all the buttons with new antique brown leather from Britex. I've still got a small gap to fill though, and the more I see what's out there in larger sizes, the more eager I am to uncover what's left unpillaged of small stock in this country. Thanks for keeping an eye out though! I'd certainly welcome and appreciate any tips if you happen to have a lead on anything cool. smile

#127 2016-12-01 10:45:47

Oliver

And that goes for any interesting mid century knock off labels too, like Merrill Woolens, Chippewa, Fieldmaster, Arrow Jac, etc!

Last edited by Oliver (2016-12-01 10:46:47)

#128 2016-12-01 10:49:15

Acton_Baby

Oli, I'll PM you at the weekend as I'm going to a hot-rod do tomorrow and can throw the word out.

"I have about 100 pairs of pyjamas. I like to see people dressed comfortably."
Hugh Hefner

#129 2016-12-01 11:04:35

Oliver

Thanks bud!

I'm off to rummage through a vintage shop in the Mission today as my friend just tipped me off on a dark blue bleeding madras H.I.S. button down in 15/15.5. Here I was getting all into a wooly winter state of mind...

#130 2016-12-01 11:19:14

Acton_Baby

^ ooooh, I'm jealous.
I'm dressed like Elmer Fudd at the mo' and the thought of madras is a million miles away.

"I have about 100 pairs of pyjamas. I like to see people dressed comfortably."
Hugh Hefner

Board footer