You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-07 04:27:32

Kingston1an

The coming war on China - Pilger

Watched most of this last night. Good that Pilger still gets airtime - even if it is late at night.

Contrasts with Tom Clancy 'SSN' which I read a couple of months ago. Clancy has one US submarine effectively destroying the whole Chinese navy, after heightened tension around the Spratly islands.

I don't agree with everything Pilger says but he does examine areas that other documentaries do not cover.

I signed up for the ITV net channel so I can watch the beginning of the documentary.

"Florid, smug, middle-aged golf club bore in this country I'd say. Propping up the 19th hole in deepest Surrey bemoaning the perils of immigration."

#2 2016-12-07 08:56:37

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate

Re: The coming war on China - Pilger

Does this mean no more cheap clothes in Primark?

'I'm not that keen on the Average Look .......ever'. 
John Simons

Achievements: banned from the Ivy Style FB Group

#3 2016-12-08 00:17:28

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate

Good old fashioned bashing of Yankee imperialism with plenty of button down collar roll action as a bonus.

Chinese aggression towards Taiwan, Japan and Indian and their support for the rogue state of N Korea hardly got a mention.

Well worth watching though. When you see the level of US military expenditure in the Pacific you can see why they grumble about the cost of NATO.

'I'm not that keen on the Average Look .......ever'. 
John Simons

Achievements: banned from the Ivy Style FB Group

#4 2016-12-08 03:31:55

Kingston1an

Not too great for the people of the Marshall Islands either.

Reminded me of "The Rise and Fall of The Great Powers" by Paul Kennedy.

Military overstretch is usually their undoing.

"Florid, smug, middle-aged golf club bore in this country I'd say. Propping up the 19th hole in deepest Surrey bemoaning the perils of immigration."

#5 2016-12-08 07:13:59

4F Hepcat
THE Cat

We quoted a job in the Marshall Islands awhile back for the US military, someone else got it though. A lot of interest in working there, despite the atol tests and being near being submerged by rising oceans.

Vibe-Rations in Spectra-Sonic-Sound

Board footer