You are not logged in.

#2601 2017-02-02 18:43:53

Chévere

Re: What are you drinking at the moment ?

4F Hepcat wrote:

TakasakiJeff wrote:

4F Hepcat wrote:

Purchased a bottle of this artisan Mezcal, Nuestra Soledad:

http://forums.filmnoirbuff.com/uploads/ … ll_500.png

Had a little sweet taste last night: like a more earthy and organic 15 year Laphroiag, but maintaining the full on iodine and sea shanty qualities with added pyschoactive menstrual fluid from Aztec gods. You can't do anything with a drink of this intensity, can't cut it, or use it in a mixer, only choice is imbibe neat and wait for the visions of Aztlan and Anthony Quinn in Viva Zapata. No good using it as a nightcap either, this is going to wire you awake looking for the same serious action as Elvis was getting in his Las Vegas period.

As I didn't have time to start a revolution yesterday evening, I wisely decided to stop after one. I've stored it in a lead lined box in case the local nuclear power station picks up the Mezcal readings on their geiger counters.

Tried this for the first time last year.

I found it to contain no psychoactive compounds and to taste not unlike rubbing alcohol...

I was of course referring to the effect of the taste only. Like rubbing alcohol yes, same as Laphroiag in that respect, but with added bio-organic-compound action.

Mezcals are really interesting nowadays. Just bought a bottle of this Tobala Maguey. The agave plant is smaller than the blue agave and has really broad leaves. The taste is intense and smoky but also sweet.
http://forums.filmnoirbuff.com/uploads/thumbs/3353_tobala.png

Cógelo suave, pero cógelo.

#2602 2017-02-21 10:52:30

John Rotten

Have been buying some private bottlings of George Dickel's Tennessee Whiskey as I come across them.  surprisingly good amidst the overpriced, underaged, commodity bourbons that have absolutely flooded the marketplace this past year.  The distillery released a 17 year old whiskey in the fall, which is the oldest whiskey they've ever produced (according to legend/clever marketing, one of the current master distillers found a small stash of the 17 year old aging away in a forgotten corner of the rickhouse) and a very good one for the price.  Only available in 375 ml bottles, and hard to find, but well worth it.

#2603 2017-02-22 12:27:22

Kingston1an

Chianti

"Florid, smug, middle-aged golf club bore in this country I'd say. Propping up the 19th hole in deepest Surrey bemoaning the perils of immigration."

Board footer