You are not logged in.

#226 2017-05-17 13:40:36

Martyn
Member
Posts: 241

Re: NASA Ivy

https://68.media.tumblr.com/0cb2e9d1dffc0d0912a4efecfa906fc3/tumblr_ncf287sEgW1qgky92o1_500.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/e3/86/25/e3862599b4ec4705e82e501b502fc501.jpg

 

#227 2017-05-18 03:55:42

Madras_Seersucker
Member
From: Wowsville!
Posts: 340

Re: NASA Ivy

Berkeley_Breathes wrote:

Walter Cunningham and Walter Schirra, 1967

Flat-tops AHOY!
great pic smile


Strictly from Wowsville!

 

#228 2017-05-18 03:57:30

Madras_Seersucker
Member
From: Wowsville!
Posts: 340

Re: NASA Ivy

Martyn wrote:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/e3/86/25/e3862599b4ec4705e82e501b502fc501.jpg

NASA version of the MA-1 flight jacket, very nice.

Last edited by Madras_Seersucker (2017-05-18 03:58:25)


Strictly from Wowsville!

 

#229 2017-05-23 13:30:08

Armchaired
Ivy I.V.
From: Old England
Posts: 7493

Re: NASA Ivy

http://i.imgur.com/nT5IOLP.jpg


“My therapist told me that I over-analyze everything. I explained to him that he only thinks this because of his unhappy relationship with his mother.”

 

#230 2017-05-23 18:12:26

Berkeley_Breathes
Moderator
From: The Great White North
Posts: 2051

Re: NASA Ivy

Beautiful... what's going on with the chest pocket? Is that a weird pocket square going on or a shadow or what? I see a darker color...


"I happen to believe that the 1954 decision was right. But my belief does not matter; it is now the law. Some of you may believe the decision was wrong. That does not matter - it is the law. And we both respect the law." - RFK

 

#231 2017-07-15 17:09:39

stanshall
Moderator
From: Gilligan's Island
Posts: 11368

Re: NASA Ivy

astronauts training in Hawaii:

http://static4.businessinsider.com/image/538c9ee4eab8ea9235926f12-1200-924/astronauts-training-in-hawaii.jpg


"bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay"

 

#232 2017-07-20 14:24:51

Armchaired
Ivy I.V.
From: Old England
Posts: 7493

Re: NASA Ivy

http://i.imgur.com/hOFAGtL.jpg


“My therapist told me that I over-analyze everything. I explained to him that he only thinks this because of his unhappy relationship with his mother.”

 

#233 2017-09-25 11:22:09

Tommy
Member
Posts: 1589

Re: NASA Ivy

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/family-of-astronaut-virgil-i-gus-grissom-who-died-on-the-launch-pad-picture-id50656325

Gus Grissom's Wife and Sons

Last edited by Tommy (2017-09-25 11:22:32)

 

#234 2017-09-25 11:30:08

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate
From: Staines-upon-Thames, Middlesex
Posts: 6277

Re: NASA Ivy

That's great Tommy, just imagine kids wearing turnups (cuffs) and hi-rise trousers now!


'I'm not that keen on the Average Look .......ever'. 
John Simons

 

#235 2017-09-25 19:02:22

mhalat
Member
Posts: 122

Re: NASA Ivy

stanshall wrote:

astronauts training in Hawaii:

http://static4.businessinsider.com/imag … hawaii.jpg

Oh wow! I used to work at the library next door to the aerospace lab at my alma mater, and would often see the engineers testing new rovers and drones on my lunch break or even after a night shift. Thanks for bringing back some collegiate memories, Stan.

 

#236 2017-09-25 19:05:17

Berkeley_Breathes
Moderator
From: The Great White North
Posts: 2051

Re: NASA Ivy

mhalat wrote:

stanshall wrote:

astronauts training in Hawaii:

http://static4.businessinsider.com/imag … hawaii.jpg

Oh wow! I used to work at the library next door to the aerospace lab at my alma mater, and would often see the engineers testing new rovers and drones on my lunch break or even after a night shift. Thanks for bringing back some collegiate memories, Stan.

Awesome connection!


"I happen to believe that the 1954 decision was right. But my belief does not matter; it is now the law. Some of you may believe the decision was wrong. That does not matter - it is the law. And we both respect the law." - RFK

 

#237 2017-09-25 19:45:41

stanshall
Moderator
From: Gilligan's Island
Posts: 11368

Re: NASA Ivy

Berkeley_Breathes wrote:

mhalat wrote:

stanshall wrote:

astronauts training in Hawaii:

http://static4.businessinsider.com/imag … hawaii.jpg

Oh wow! I used to work at the library next door to the aerospace lab at my alma mater, and would often see the engineers testing new rovers and drones on my lunch break or even after a night shift. Thanks for bringing back some collegiate memories, Stan.

Awesome connection!

nice mhalat, I love that pic, the guys look like they're having fun, and I like their suede boots too ...... I'd like to bounce one of those rovers around some lunar terrain Hawaii myself ....


"bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay"

 

#238 2018-01-06 12:10:06

Berkeley_Breathes
Moderator
From: The Great White North
Posts: 2051

Re: NASA Ivy

RIP John Young, only person to have piloted and been commander of four different classes of spacecraft... Walked on the moon in 1972 with Apollo 16...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-axu6fatYCQw/TxRv6-UUWAI/AAAAAAAAAXE/poT9akJWQ9Y/s1600/johnyoung.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/40/93/7a/40937a6b2907bb88ef65dd16b88786eb.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-rdtshtnWPqw/TgYTctu-ezI/AAAAAAAAACw/zPxa0NXJb7s/s1600/johnyoungglasses.jpg


"I happen to believe that the 1954 decision was right. But my belief does not matter; it is now the law. Some of you may believe the decision was wrong. That does not matter - it is the law. And we both respect the law." - RFK

 

#239 2018-01-06 23:23:20

stanshall
Moderator
From: Gilligan's Island
Posts: 11368

Re: NASA Ivy

Berkeley_Breathes wrote:

RIP John Young, only person to have piloted and been commander of four different classes of spacecraft... Walked on the moon in 1972 with Apollo 16...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-rdtshtnWPqw/TgYTctu-ezI/AAAAAAAAACw/zPxa0NXJb7s/s1600/johnyoungglasses.jpg

larger than life courageous badass, respect John Young


"bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay"

 

Board footer

Powered by PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 Rickard Andersson