You are not logged in.

#1 2017-06-20 08:44:29

mhalat

Liberty of London

I've found myself growing very partial to Liberty textiles and private label shirts this summer - finding that the smaller patterns make for a fun weekend shirt, tucked or untucked, anchored by a tropical ivy look; or a more work appropriate variation on the Hawaiian shirt, to be worn with a suit or separates on casual Fridays. Are there any other Liberty devotees here? How do you wear yours? And how deep does the vintage rabbit hole go?

#2 2017-06-22 08:39:15

Film Noir Buff
Dandy Nightmare

Re: Liberty of London

I have had a lot of liberty Tana lawn fabric prints made up into shirts. In short sleeves, Hawaiian style short sleeves, long sleeved casual and even in french cuff styles. Depending on pattern and cut, I can wear them with jeans, with a jacket, with a bow tie. It's a great product made by a great UK fabric house. But I have to say I only have their fabrics custom made, I have never worn a ready to wear Liberty of London shirt.

#3 2017-06-26 19:29:22

mhalat

Smart, FNB. I'm, after much sturm und drang earlier in my career, finally able to afford to have some custom clothes made. Does your shirtmaker stock these fabrics, or do you buy them yourself and bring them in? Thanks for taking the time to educate a young buck.

#4 2017-06-27 09:18:04

Film Noir Buff
Dandy Nightmare

Board footer