You are not logged in.

#1 2017-08-30 04:36:43

SanchoPanza

OC's tropical worsted wools

So, it's getting a bit chilly here in Sweden and I need some trousers to get me through the cold months, and the only possible ones that I can rely on is O'Connell's. But I'm getting a bit confused since I don't really know what worsted wools is. I assume that they can get me though the months before it's below freezing, but since it's cold as hell here during the winter, can a pair of Year-round 'tropical weight' worsted wools get me through those months? Or should I just go with a pair of worsted flannels? Also, what the difference between the Year-round 'tropical weight' worsted wool and Super 120s Tropical Worsted Wool?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm confused and need some trousers asap.

#2 2017-08-30 05:48:31

Yuca

Re: OC's tropical worsted wools

Tropical weight won't even get you through autumn. They are super light, and ideal for summer. However if they're listed as year-round then I can't see how they can be tropical weight too - do you have a link for them?

some sort of banal legitimacy

#3 2017-08-30 07:09:33

SanchoPanza

#4 2017-08-30 08:02:43

Tomiskinky

Tropical wool is for places that get cool but not Sweden cold, personally think you would be better off with the wool flannels or maybe a pair of moleskins

#5 2017-08-30 09:07:49

stanshall

/\  absolutely what Tom and Yuca wrote ... the O'C's tropical-weight worsteds are very nice pants but I wear them in the summer in Florida, they will not be suitable for cold winters, the "year-round" description means that that they're light enough for hot summers, not warm enough for cold winters .....

bit confusing but go for the flannels, cavalry twills (the heavier ones), moleskins, and heavy cords (the 6-wale cords are supposed to be the heaviest), they're meant for Northeast winters

what have you been wearing in the winter all this time?

"bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay"

#6 2017-09-02 06:10:26

Patrick

LL Bean's lined chinos get the job done too. Plus they don't get the non-iron spray treatment.

Otter : Take it easy, I'm pre-law.
Boon : I thought you were pre-med.
Otter : What's the difference?

Board footer