You are not logged in.

#51 2017-11-15 21:10:22

stanshall

Re: BB's Boom Years bunny mag scans

thanks for posting these Beebs, so much groovy stuff that would still be so wearable ... the only things I wouldn't ever go near would be the knee socks with shorts look, that is just crazy looking to me but I know that was the style for decades but still .....

but the rest of it including the Herman Miller chair and the stereo equipment and the Byford socks and the Ratner California Clothes of San Diego Ivy suits and the Stanley Blacker sport coat (I'd add a second button to the sleeve though, right?), the Naturals trousers by H.I.S., Alligator raincoats etc. etc. .....

I dig it all ... actually there's another thing I've never been into, the super-skinny tie .....

but the bulk of it still just exudes cool to me .....

ripple-soled shoes are very early '60s football coach, interesting to see them on Paul Desmond

"bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay"

#52 2017-11-15 21:21:11

Berkeley_Breathes

"The only comment a gentleman’s outfit should generate is that he is properly dressed for the occasion" - Calvin Trillin

#53 2017-11-16 06:33:44

Martin G

Yeah another thank you from me too. Love these old ads so much. I have a very small selection of 1960s PLAYBOYS so to see all these great old ads from mags I will never likely own is superb. Talking of socks I find UNIQLO pretty decent. Fair price, massive selection and they do a deal on multiple purchases too in the UK. Various shades of a given colour not just 'Brown', 'Blue' or whatever as well as stripes, spots and Argyles too.

#54 2018-05-14 09:29:21

Berkeley_Breathes

"The only comment a gentleman’s outfit should generate is that he is properly dressed for the occasion" - Calvin Trillin

#55 2018-05-15 15:13:25

Armchaired
Ivy I.V.

some really fabulous stuff here BB ,thanks.

�Careful with that axe Eugene.�

#56 2018-05-16 06:44:13

Martin G

Yep! Agree totally. Some really fantastic imagery. Thanks for all your efforts mate.

#57 2018-05-16 08:27:26

Chet

Big thumbs up from me also BB.

Do you know what a Palmist once said to me? She said: will you let go!
Vivian Stanshall

#58 2018-05-16 08:52:02

Berkeley_Breathes

Thanks AC, Martin and Chet... Nice to get those up again, in better quality and with some additions smile Playboy was never all that much of an Ivy magazine, most of their own fashion spreads are for "continental" clothing... But you can see how popular the Ivy look was from the number of ads targeting that market... Fun to see Chipp and J. Press show up too, though by the late '50s it's all H.I.S., Botany 500, Worsted-Tex, etc. A lot of synthetic fibers - Madison Avenue at work...

Lots more 1960-1963 to come...

#59 2019-04-27 13:24:13

Berkeley_Breathes

#60 2019-04-30 17:18:25

Berkeley_Breathes

#61 2019-04-30 18:37:49

stanshall

/\  I remain fascinated by the years 1969, 1970, and 1971 ... while there are a couple of too-wide ties involved there most of that stuff is not half-bad ... is the Hart Schaffner & Marx Racquet Club suit jacket darted?  okay lose the kipper tie in the Gant shot, ditto the waistcoat/vest in the Hardwick pic, and the tie in the HSM ad and we're all good

thanks Beebs keep them coming, a few years ago I was given a stack of Playboys from the early '70s, besides the obvious attractions my favorite thing was an ad for a special 8-track tape deck for a Learjet

"bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay"

#62 2019-04-30 18:57:02

Berkeley_Breathes

#63 2019-05-01 00:07:12

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate

Very enjoyable to look at BB, thanks for posting. I shall save them and enjoy a few each day.

'I'm not that keen on the Average Look .......ever'. 
John Simons

Achievements: banned from the Ivy Style FB Group

Board footer