You are not logged in.

#276 2017-11-05 20:46:55

Berkeley_Breathes

Re: Sportswear

https://78.media.tumblr.com/5d3103414705cdcf006f52e789e10d44/tumblr_ox10t6KiqG1td81kyo1_1280.jpg

"Always take your job seriously, never yourself." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

#277 2017-11-24 11:16:32

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate

Just to show that I'm open to new things ... I got this the other day from London vintage shop Beyond Retro. Its a Champion navy blue hoody and I thought the high school Lacrosse logo was a bit different. To be honest I'll probably only wear it for loafing about at home, but I thought I'd share it for the sportswear lovers here.

https://s8.postimg.org/utm3ptb0l/IMG_1365.jpg

'I'm not that keen on the Average Look .......ever'. 
John Simons

#278 2017-11-24 12:53:26

Berkeley_Breathes

woofboxer wrote:

Just to show that I'm open to new things ... I got this the other day from London vintage shop Beyond Retro. Its a Champion navy blue hoody and I thought the high school Lacrosse logo was a bit different. To be honest I'll probably only wear it for loafing about at home, but I thought I'd share it for the sportswear lovers here.

Archbishop Stepinac High School is only about a half-hour drive from me in NY... Champion stuff is always good quality even if they aren't the Champion of old, nice find! I have a weakness for random logos, too...

"Always take your job seriously, never yourself." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

#279 2017-11-24 13:34:21

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate

Berkeley_Breathes wrote:

woofboxer wrote:

Archbishop Stepinac High School is only about a half-hour drive from me in NY... Champion stuff is always good quality even if they aren't the Champion of old, nice find! I have a weakness for random logos, too...

Having read a bit about Archbishop Stepinac, I probably will stick to wearing it inside the house!

John Simons

#280 2017-11-24 14:58:47

stanshall

woofboxer wrote:

Berkeley_Breathes wrote:

woofboxer wrote:

Having read a bit about Archbishop Stepinac, I probably will stick to wearing it inside the house!

it will be fine for that, but the important thing is that you stretched your mind to give hoodies a try, and when the positive reviews come in on the domestic front you'll be back for more hoodies Woof .....

as some wise people told me several months ago, in a slightly different context, claim it for the forces of good

"bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay"

#281 2017-11-25 02:15:44

RobbieB

I last wore a Hoodie in the '70s but this year I bought another one and I love it. In the UK the Hoodie did have chav connotations but I think it is now reconnecting with sportswear. I'm old enough not to care and I'm on the lookout for another one. nice find Woof.

'I am a closet optimist' Leonard Cohen.

#282 2017-11-25 06:47:47

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate

RobbieB wrote:

I last wore a Hoodie in the '70s but this year I bought another one and I love it. In the UK the Hoodie did have chav connotations but I think it is now reconnecting with sportswear. I'm old enough not to care and I'm on the lookout for another one. nice find Woof.

Hug a Hoodie!

John Simons

#283 2017-11-25 08:35:07

RobbieB

woofboxer wrote:

RobbieB wrote:

Hug a Hoodie!

I won't be hugging you in a hurry Woof. I reckon it is you that has been buying up all the Leith products I was planning to buy when I am back in The UK next week. They don't have any t shirts or madras shirts in my size.

'I am a closet optimist' Leonard Cohen.

#284 2017-11-25 13:41:28

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate

^ Not guilty!

John Simons

Board footer