You are not logged in.

#26 2017-12-03 05:13:44

Goodyear welt
Ivyist At Large

Re: In Lugano tomorrow

I visited Lugano when I worked in Arolla for 5 months, close to Sion which I visited a few times as well. The highlight of my time there was visiting McDonalds.

Flying to Milan? The train journey from Milan to Lugano does offer the most amazing scenery. I recall the train as being cheap, though I'm going back 17 years.

Rocking traditional, current and classic Italian Ivy since 2011.

#27 2017-12-03 07:32:56

Beestonplace

McDonalds? In Lugano? That's it??

I LOVE , this foum

#28 2017-12-03 09:57:05

Goodyear welt
Ivyist At Large

Its very pretty. Unlike Sion. Though Sion trumped Arolla. I remember it being very pretty, but we were just on the piss there. When you've been stuck up in the Alps for three months with the odd trip to boring Sion your not really looking for pretty TBH. I remember there were a couple of  whore houses there, which is legal over there, if thats for you.

They do this Big Mac with swiss cheese on it, it was very good. And if you order large you get a little cheese burger, which I thought was a nice touch. Cost you about 20 quid now I should expect. Expensive place apart from fags and beer, infact fags in 2000 were cheaper there than they were in the UK. If I'm honest the best thing about the whole 5 months there was the four days I spent in Milan on the way home.

You must try the Swiss wine though, never had a bad one. Lovely stuff, hardly any is exported.

Rocking traditional, current and classic Italian Ivy since 2011.

#29 2017-12-03 10:10:35

Beestonplace

Cool I tried Swiss wine too, Blue nun and Leibfrauenmilk. We had a blast of a time there, in Salzberg and Vienna. Great country and great wines!

I LOVE , this foum

Board footer