You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-11 02:32:01

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate

Any colour you like as long as it's blue ...

'I'm not that keen on the Average Look .......ever'. 
John Simons

Achievements: banned from the Ivy Style FB Group

#2 2017-12-11 08:26:19

Berkeley_Breathes

Re: Any colour you like as long as it's blue ...

"The only comment a gentleman’s outfit should generate is that he is properly dressed for the occasion" - Calvin Trillin

#3 2017-12-11 09:15:47

stanshall

suit-wearing men need variety, gray all the time gets monotonous, and blue is one of the two main colors for suits, so blue suits are inevitable, and can be wonderful, but the shade of blue is all-important ......

some of the less-traditional and highly electric shades might not be appropriate for lawyers and bankers but might be trendy enough for maitre d's or menswear salesmen .....

actually never had a light-blue suit, leisure suit connotations dealt that color a big blow in the '70s, but no big loss, because there are more than enough shades of navy and slate-blue out there in the current swatch books of the better cloth suppliers to satisfy me ....

electric blue suits remind me of damselfish, too flashy for me, but if a person likes that color it might be better in a sport coat ....

acid and neon blues are fashion, navy and slate-blues are style, is more or less the way I think of it .........   

I have had plenty of navy suits, as well as slate-blue suits, as well as blue-gray glen plaids, navy pinstripes and chalk stripes, and they've all been useful and enjoyable to wear, so a suit world without good blues in it seems as dire as a world of men in electric blue suits and pointy khaki double-monks .....

"bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay"

#4 2017-12-16 05:25:24

BarryB12

Yes, gray and black color of suit are very common and monotonous, these shades of blue look really classy.

#5 2017-12-20 09:02:47

Film Noir Buff
Dandy Nightmare

A hundred years from now, we will refer to this time as "The blue period" for mens dress. Certainly it will be shortened to "The Blues".

Board footer