You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-03 21:06:18

Berkeley_Breathes

J. Press quality control

"The only comment a gentleman’s outfit should generate is that he is properly dressed for the occasion" - Calvin Trillin

#2 2018-01-03 23:58:40

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate

Re: J. Press quality control

I would send it back BB, Email their customer services those pictures which speak for themselves. If they point out that it has been washed I would say that I always wash shirts before wearing them and didn't notice the problem until I put it on. I would be surprised if they won't replace it.

That defect would bug the crap out of me, it's not like it was a cheap shirt. Why should you pay extra to have it rectified?

'I'm not that keen on the Average Look .......ever'. 
John Simons

Achievements: banned from the Ivy Style FB Group

#3 2018-01-04 01:52:03

Yuca

I'm with Woof on this matter. For that price I would not tolerate such a harsh defect.

some sort of banal legitimacy

#4 2018-01-04 04:54:46

WildBlue

Absolutely mail them and tell them about your issue, this is not in the normal QC/tolerance range so they should do something about it, plus washing it it cannot displace a buttonhole or button location, therefore there is no possible excuse.

#5 2018-01-04 07:41:43

LeeLo

I've never had experiences with J. Press shirts, but I have had similar issues with shirts from Brooks Brothers. Very often I run into the second issue you brought up about the collar point buttons being out of alignment. That is easily rectified, and I typically fix it myself. However, there is no fixing your primary issue of a buttonhole being out of alignment. I would send it back and proceed as woof has described.

#6 2018-01-04 08:37:48

Chet

i agree with the others BB - send it back.

Do you know what a Palmist once said to me? She said: will you let go!
Vivian Stanshall

#7 2018-01-04 12:55:19

Berkeley_Breathes

Thanks for the advice, fellas... I guess I'll send it back... I'm sure this was just a fluke on the assembly line somewhere but it is a shame that it still made it out to retail, especially as a full-price shirt... Well, I'm sure I'll be giving them lots of chances to redeem themselves in future smile

Makes me wonder how these shirts are assembled. Are the buttonholes just stamped into the collar and then finished in a later step? How can a collar be mismatched so badly in the assembly process?

"The only comment a gentleman’s outfit should generate is that he is properly dressed for the occasion" - Calvin Trillin

#8 2018-01-05 02:26:25

katon

Are J. Press shirts being made by the New England Shirt Company, Garland down in North Carolina, or somewhere else now? I know that New England Shirt has been going through some internal struggles recently: http://www.someone-else.us/stories/new-england-shirt-company/ Haven't heard anything about Garland.

Board footer