You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-11 04:02:24

Beestonplace

Lilac and lavender

Whats your opinion? Shirts?

To me it reminds me of 2005, worn by Indian guys with lots of hair product.

I LOVE , this foum

#2 2018-02-11 05:19:35

Kingston1an

Re: Lilac and lavender

A bit dated. Some retail chains used to make their employees wear that colour shirt. No particular Indian association for me though.

"Florid, smug, middle-aged golf club bore in this country I'd say. Propping up the 19th hole in deepest Surrey bemoaning the perils of immigration."

#3 2018-02-11 05:26:39

Beestonplace

Indian or Pakistani heritage. Jet black hair, with gel. Fauxhawk. That kind of style.

I LOVE , this foum

#4 2018-02-11 10:47:30

Berkeley_Breathes

"The only comment a gentleman’s outfit should generate is that he is properly dressed for the occasion" - Calvin Trillin

#5 2018-02-11 10:55:13

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate

'I'm not that keen on the Average Look .......ever'. 
John Simons

Achievements: banned from the Ivy Style FB Group

#6 2018-02-11 11:11:05

Babbling Brooks

Funny, my brother shows our north indian heritage a lot clearer than me, slick black hair too, and lilac is his go to shirt colour.

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere.

#7 2018-02-11 11:11:25

Beestonplace

IT consultant, or Michael Page.

I LOVE , this foum

#8 2018-02-11 11:15:07

Beestonplace

In my country, it would be the young Turkish guys, "dressing sharp". Car rentals, temp agencies, maybe IT (although the Indians are much more clever and its their domain).

To quite from FNBs classics:

"The Men in Black –

You can run, you can hide, but if you work in the WestEnd in an office with at least a handful of women then sooner or later you’ll end up at Strawberry Moons. It’s like a little bit of Essex in the WestEnd (To put that into context I once heard New Jersey referred to as the Essex of America. Does that make sense?).

Be a man and deal with it.

Strawberry Moons is hidden just off Regent Street but women can still find it. I think they have some kind of radar for cocktails and pink decor. WestEnders come here to be sociable with the girls in the office and, if single, to hopefully meet that Holy Grail of a good night out: The Blond in Black Underwear. Strawberry Moons girls are great fun, but maybe not marriage material for a WestEnder… But then again you never know…

Drinking and people watching is probably the best way to survive the ultra-female-friendly vibe of Strawberry Moons and in the process you’ll see The Men in Black. Check them out because that’s just what they’ll be doing – checking out everyone and everything in the place. I think maybe they’re looking for love…

The Men in Black have blonds in black underwear on the brain too, but they’re probably a little more serious about the quest than our WestEnder. He’s maybe after a little fun, they’re often here to find Miss Right although they’d never admit it.

The Men in Black are pretty much just standard issue British businessmen. They’re the same in Manchester, Reading, Newcastle, or Nottingham. They keep the country ticking over.

And they wear:

Department store three button black suits!

Often from Debenhams. They take RTW literally and actually wear Ready To Wear clothing without having it altered it to fit them, bless them. I love it when the cuffs of their jackets slide down their hands as they reach for their drinks and then they shake them back over their wrists as they raise the glass to their lips with a quick sideways look to check that you haven’t noticed.
To be honest they’re all really nice guys, it’s just that they’re also just a tiny little bit… clueless?

The Men in Black do read the men’s fashion mags though and so their shirts, ties and cufflinks are always whatever is currently a la mode, albeit within their slightly limited budgets.

Charles Tyrwhitt is big with them. But Pink is their ultimate goal.

Well, who else is there? (Shhhhhhh – don’t tell them!)

And they are also the kings of the big, black, square-toed, slightly orthopedic looking shoe.

And some even go so far as to wear black raincoats too…

They’re actually really rather smart dressers. Well, not smart in that sense, but they’re clever dressers. The suit stays the same pretty much but they bring in all sorts of different colours, textures and accent details in their choice of shirt and tie. The fit of their clothing may not be quite up to snuff, but they do take a certain pride in how they look and what they wear. And, as I say, they keep the country ticking over. Their country needs them."

I LOVE , this foum

#9 2018-02-11 12:07:23

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate

They would now be the 'Men in Blue' suits with tan pointy toed shoes. The arch exponents of this form of dress like to leave the makers label on their sleeve cuff so that everyone knows they are wearing their Ted Baker suit. Even better is to leave the basting stitches in place on the vents of the jacket. Why doesn't anyone tell them? Too busy laughing I suppose.

John Simons

#10 2018-02-11 12:18:24

Beestonplace

Airforce blue,  not navy blue

I LOVE , this foum

#11 2018-02-11 13:15:09

Kingston1an

"Florid, smug, middle-aged golf club bore in this country I'd say. Propping up the 19th hole in deepest Surrey bemoaning the perils of immigration."

#12 2018-02-11 14:01:24

stanshall

"bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay"

#13 2018-02-11 14:22:43

Beestonplace

OK If you don't like me I can easily join AAAC then

I LOVE , this foum

#14 2018-02-11 15:11:20

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate

John Simons

#15 2018-02-11 15:35:17

Berkeley_Breathes

"The only comment a gentleman’s outfit should generate is that he is properly dressed for the occasion" - Calvin Trillin

#16 2018-02-12 01:24:57

Babbling Brooks

A message from KWS

https://youtu.be/3w1TzLR2tYc

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere.

#17 2018-02-12 03:16:22

Kingston1an

#18 2018-02-12 08:49:23

doghouse

Hide thy infants, hide thy Lady, and hide thy husband, alas they art forcing sexual intercourse upon the entire populace. - Wm Shakespeare

#19 2018-02-12 13:16:28

Beestonplace

So you all agreed that I have to leave???

I LOVE , this foum

#20 2018-02-12 14:43:45

stanshall

"bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay"

#21 2018-02-12 17:09:50

Film Noir Buff
Dandy Nightmare

#22 2018-02-12 17:10:41

Film Noir Buff
Dandy Nightmare

#23 2018-02-12 20:10:13

Berkeley_Breathes

#24 2018-02-13 00:38:27

Kingston1an

#25 2018-02-13 09:46:19

Beestonplace

It is now clear that you don't like me.

But wait

What if I am going to wear

I LOVE , this foum

Board footer