You are not logged in.

#51 2021-10-28 09:53:08

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate

Re: What's going on here?

There’s always been more activity on Talk Ivy than The Wardrobe, both are sub sections of FNB.

Sammy - I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make with these grumbly posts about stuff that happened years ago. But we’re all here of our own free will and anyone who has a positive contribution to make is welcome.

'I'm not that keen on the Average Look .......ever'. 
John Simons

Achievements: banned from the Ivy Style FB Group

#52 2021-10-28 10:14:47

Yuca

'The forum is not Talk Ivy: it is Film Noir Buff. The  Ivy sub-forum came later.  The fact that you have just shown that you are not aware of that proves that you are indeed late to the game and thus can't grasp how much of an anathema Berkhead Breath was and is to the guys who started this forum. Once again - and hopefully finally - 'this forum' is Film Noir Buff.'

I stand corrected: this sub-forum is called Talk Ivy. At present it's populated by people talking ivy. In your opinion a former poster is 'anathema' to the people who started this forum over a decade ago. Because he wears ivy clothing. Seriously? You might give a shit but I'm pretty sure no one else does.

some sort of banal legitimacy

#53 2021-10-28 10:25:18

An Unseen Scene

FNB hasn't posted in their own Announcements sub-forum since 2006.  The editorial section hasn't been used since 2007. FNB may own the site and sub-fora and that's fine, but ultimately whoever is posting - is the life of a sub-forum at that time. 

The original posts are all still there and they aren't that highbrow.  When I spoke with a number of the better original posters in person they had left because it got crazy and too complicated to be fun.

There are lots by the original posters that are surperificial fluff or off topic. Anyone can see them. I can see I was here within a year of the sub-forum starting (if quiet then) and do not recall this being much more erudite and informed than now.  Fora are what they are, a mixture of stuff - some good, some not.

If you enjoy it here, post up.  If not, it's a waste of your time. If this is what you do in your space time, enjoy it or do something else.

If FNB wants us to talk about something else or Film Noir, they'll tell us. They haven't in what, fifteen years....

Last edited by An Unseen Scene (2021-10-28 10:26:03)

#54 2021-10-28 10:30:47

Sammy Ambrose

No, Yuca .

It's not Berk Breath's dressing out of bins  that alienated people.  It's because he's the kind of guy the founding posters came to FNB to get away from.

If you aren't seeing through all three eyes at once day and night you are up shit creek without a paddle. The Shooman

#55 2021-10-28 10:43:30

Sammy Ambrose

Robbie B wrote:

'Sammy why don't you get the Wardrobe up and running again?'

If I had the time and the requisite brains I would, Robbie.
Sadly, I have neither.

We always need to know what we can and cannot do. The result of not knowing that is disaster.  And we don't need to look far away to see evidence of this.

If you aren't seeing through all three eyes at once day and night you are up shit creek without a paddle. The Shooman

#56 2021-10-28 10:51:34

Yuca

'he's the kind of guy the founding posters came to FNB to get away from'

I can't say I've ever noticed (quite the opposite), but just out of interest, please give 3 examples of posts by BB that you find objectionable.

#57 2021-10-28 10:59:19

A Fine Sadness

Isn't it nice of Sammy to give up so much of his time telling us how mistaken we are about everything? 

Yuca has been here as long as I can remember.  As Jesmond once said of others, he's not a 'Yes' man.  But he does talk entertainingly about clothes, films, music and food (and drink, to a certain extent).  'Talk Ivy', for what it's worth, is providing those who bother with a degree of harmless pleasure.  But I can just imagine our Gibson, glass of wine in hand, ziti bake in the oven, waiting with hushed anticipation for Sammy to tell him he doesn't know what he's talking about. 

Anyway, Woof saw Sammy off....

#58 2021-10-28 11:15:38

Sammy Ambrose

You still haven't got it, Sadness.

When folk click on FNB, they find endless drivel. I know you are doing your best but try and think of the greater good and try not to make what was once a good forum a source of pure inanity.

How you will do that, I don't know. Why not ask the others and come up with a solution.

#59 2021-10-28 11:23:38

A Fine Sadness

Probably I'll never get it.  I always was a slow learner.  But, if we don't mention London Fog macs for a week or so, will we get a dispensation? 

Meanwhile, I value the harmless joy you're bringing to this place.

#60 2021-10-28 12:59:52

Skipper

I have no idea what's going on here and I don't think I want to know.

As for Berkeley Breathes, the only thing that bothers me is that he always brings politics into play. What is completely absurd is to claim he knows nothing about Ivy Style. His Instagram account proves otherwise.

#61 2021-10-28 13:49:38

Yuca

' try not to make what was once a good forum a source of pure inanity.'

Pure inanity would be a good (albeit exaggerated) description of this forum when Jim was trying to destroy it.

I'm still waiting for the examples of BB's objectional posting.

#62 2021-10-28 15:34:29

A Fine Sadness

People come and go.  We know that.  Some post infrequently.  We know that too.  But we have people like Colin and Tim, Stax and Robbie, and that's good enough.  Patrick and Horace drop in from time to time.  Old friends from across the pond.  Who doesn't know and love Horace?  Then there's Uncle Ian.  There's something to enjoy here most days.

#63 2021-10-28 15:42:55

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate

‘I'm still waiting for the examples of BB's objectional posting.’

There’s only 4519 posts to go through - what’s keeping him? 

wink

John Simons

#64 2021-10-28 15:47:19

A Fine Sadness

'Night, Woof, 'night, everyone.

#65 2021-10-28 17:54:36

Tworussellstreet

Buona notte !

#66 2021-10-28 20:41:43

Sammy Ambrose

Woof and Yuca: If you need examples of what's wrong with the attitude of little Hitler, Berk, you are both in serious trouble.

Why don't you show what he has written to your respective grandchildren and children.  They will be better attuned to spotting berks with objectional thinking.

Last edited by Sammy Ambrose (2021-10-28 20:42:37)

#67 2021-10-28 20:57:50

Yuca

So after much prompting your argument is as follows: you're pissed off because a former poster was going against the ideals of the people who founded this forum 15 or so years ago. But you're unwilling to summarise what those ideals are, how the former poster went against them or even give one example of a post that was out of order. And for this reason you're periodically reminding us that TI is now crap or in danger of being crap.

I've heard some ridiculous foolishness in my life, but this is some next level shit. If that's the sum total of what you have to contribute to this forum (sorry, sub-forum - such an important distinction) then you need to sling your hook.

#68 2021-10-28 22:28:15

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate

Topic closed

John Simons

Board footer