You are not logged in.

#1 2008-08-01 05:45:24

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

American Brandstand -

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/17/style/t17ivy.html?_r=1&scp=2&sq=%22mark%20mcnairy%22&st=cse&oref=slogin

A Marc Grayson find over here originally I think. No harm in reading it again!

Cheers Marc!

J.

#2 2008-08-02 03:05:17

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

Re: American Brandstand -

"Could preppy become the new punk? At least one stodgy label is betting on it. “The young customers we have now are, like, really hip kids,” says Mark McNairy, the new design director at J. Press, which has been dressing blue bloods since Theodore Roosevelt was in office. The company deliberately keeps its stuffy shops limited to New Haven; Cambridge, Mass.; New York; and Washington — the better to hook Ivy Leaguers on its blazers and “shaggy dog” wool sweaters before they head off to run the world. However, McNairy has decided not to ignore his more fashion-literate patrons. A recent addition to the J. Press line of icon-emblazoned neckties is one with skulls and crossbones, not a nod to Yale’s secret society but a wink to the new customer who has a closet full of ironic T-shirts."

^ An interesting talking point for the forum?

J.

#3 2008-08-03 20:23:26

vwguy

I find it kind of funny the character Chuck Bass on Gossip Girl wears some items from J. Press.  I swear I only watch the show for the clothes ;-)

Brian

#4 2008-08-04 01:54:30

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

Richard from WASP101 is a big fan too. wink

If Preppy could be the new punk then maybe Richard could be one of the Pistols?

Board footer