You are not logged in.

#1 2008-09-08 09:06:52

Get Smart

Band of Outsiders clothing

http://www.bandofoutsiders.com/

It's a modern "fashion" brand.  But designer Scott Sternberg takes all his cues from classic american clothing.  Shirts are high quality OCBDs with lots of classic style suitings and repp ties.

Not cheap, shirts sell for $250-300, suits are $2000+ but everything is made with top notch construction.  Really sells well in the USA, have not really seen it get popular in Europe. 

Gear made for skinny guys as everything is very fitted and really slim.

the blog format website is nice to look at, if you can see past some of the douchebag-y styling (it IS a fashion brand after all) you can see the potential to be worn in classic Ivy style

#2 2008-09-08 12:40:20

bandofoutsiders

Re: Band of Outsiders clothing

The fall collection's corduroy suits are really sweet, nice rich camel color, natural shoulders, two-button darted, side vents.  Honestly I am built a bit too manly for the brand's jackets; they make me look barrel-chested, and that's saying something, as I'm not a big guy. Great shirts and ties though. 

Newest collection found here:
http://men.style.com/fashion/collections/S2009MEN/review/BOOMEN

They're definitely riding the wave of hipster boat shoe resurgence.

Last edited by bandofoutsiders (2008-09-09 05:42:50)

#3 2008-09-08 14:02:45

Get Smart

the "styling" in those pics really does the brand a disservice.  I think the website has better shots that Scott takes at his house

it's def really slim.  esp the sleeves on the shirts and jackets which are made for guys with scrawny arms

personally their boat shoe collection is the worst part of it imo.  overpriced and ugly

#4 2008-09-08 23:12:48

Horace

""This is probably the last Deb season...because of the stock market, the economy, Everything..." - W. Stillman.

Board footer