You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-15 10:10:26

woofboxer
Devil's Ivy Advocate

Cordings Chinos/Trousers

These are worth a look.

I've never really bothered with Cordings, I've wandered in and wandered out pretty smartish, the place always struck me as the preserve of the panama hat and monocle brigade. However the other day someone posted favourably on Ivy Style regarding Cordings chinos, so I decided to have a look.....

Nicely made in two weights of cotton. The lighter one is best and is available in stone, khaki and British khaki plus some more ... erm adventurous colours if you like. The heavier twill has a slightly 'washed' effect which I'm not keen on personally. The cut is neither baggy or slim with a decent high waist line - pretty much just right in my book.

I actually ended up buying a pair of linen trousers, which were an identical cut. I sized up from 34 to 36 to gain on rise and will have them taken in at the waist. Measurements with a 30" inseam are 12.5" rise and 8.25" across the bottoms.  I'll get some photos up in due course.

https://www.cordings.co.uk/menswear/tro … ont-chinos

'I'm not that keen on the Average Look .......ever'. 
John Simons

#2 2017-07-30 06:13:41

Treble Clef

Re: Cordings Chinos/Trousers

Lapsed member / long-time lurker here.

I have been wearing a few pairs of Cordings chino cloth (not washed) as part of my rotation and found them to be pretty reasonable.

The cons - the finish of the trousers isn't amazing - I have found the buttons on fly work loose and very minimal details / no lining etc. Darker colours are apparently dry-clean only and the lighter ones may shrink a little if machine washed. 2" waist size increment, and the 34" were too tight so I had to size up, leading to a looser seat / thigh than I would like. Cost doesn't include hemming and they can't be returned once hemmed.

The pros - the cloth is a great weight for autumn and sits just like razor sharp 50s/60s catalogue pictures.  I believe these are made in England but some of their trousers are made in Italy / elsewhere. The rise is long and the leg sits very nicely despite being a little wide. They do a good job at alterations (but this can take them into 'made to measure' territory).

Worth trying out and they are on sale / offer quite often. The shop in Piccadilly is also worth a browse just for being such an archetype.

#3 2017-07-30 06:41:11

colin
Bright Light

Would be intrigued to see a photo of what these look like, if you had one? (stock photos don't give away much!)

#4 2017-07-30 11:42:52

Kingston1an

woofboxer wrote:

I've never really bothered with Cordings, I've wandered in and wandered out pretty smartish, the place always struck me as the preserve of the panama hat and monocle brigade. However the other day someone posted favourably on Ivy Style regarding Cordings chinos, so I decided to have a look.....

Very nice tweed jackets particularly if there is a sale. Not at all Ivy, three button, English cut.

Suits look OK too - but button fly on the trahseez is a deal breaker for me.

Last edited by Kingston1an (2017-07-30 11:43:24)

"Florid, smug, middle-aged golf club bore in this country I'd say. Propping up the 19th hole in deepest Surrey bemoaning the perils of immigration."

Board footer