You are not logged in.

#1 2009-11-18 01:02:06

Voltaire's Bastard

SI Redux

Friends, Ivymen, and sad tradlings by the score! Hearken thee to the sound of my failing voice and renew thine belief in "The Look," forever and ever unto the glory of The Most High, amen.

As it so happens, a couple of 12 months back, before Barack and Michelle rocked the Presidential Bedchamber in a manner which it has likely not been rocked since JFK decided to stay home and give Mde de Bouvier her monthly quota of the imperial trouser weasel; before none of us had ever heard of La Palin and her delightfully sluttish brood; even before Tom Bell-Drier gave up the practice of drying bells - before all these momentous events had yet come to pass, I posted a link to The Vault Archive at Sports Illustrated.com and bestowed great praise on the site as a virtual wonderland for those seeking endless illustrations of The Ivy Look in its original and intended habitat.  As I recall substantial joy was expressed over the treasures to be found on the site, and Big Tony undertook some preliminary archaeological research, unearthing as he did so some excellent gems and gleaming nuggets of many precious metals.  Good Stuff all the way round.  I have been more or less reduced to constant bed rest, and I recently spent some time bouncing around in the Archive and discovered that our collective efforts hitherto have scarcely scratched the surface of the many wonders that remain to be exhumed and placed on display.  Much of the hands-on work I must leave to those hailer than I; but I urge one and sundry to go to si.com, scroll down to the Vault, and get wid it.  Start in the 1950s and you might never leave, so heady and unfiltered is the aroma of near-Antiquity that one inhales there.  But fine things are to be found well into the 70s, before the eternal night of Regansfall blotted out the sky and drove The Look underground to thrive among celebrants of the Chuch of Getdown.   So step to it gentleman, this is your moment to shine.  It is my gift and legacy to you, and V.B. expects that this day, and in the days to come, each man shall do his duty. 

http://www.si.com

Last edited by Voltaire's Bastard (2009-11-18 06:24:39)

“You know that saying, 'Caesar's wife is above suspicion'? Well I put an end to all that rubbish!"..”

#2 2009-11-18 02:47:09

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

Re: SI Redux

Amen.

And you are right, we haven't even scratched the surface.

Too many online love to wallow in the shallows...

SI is the cure to all that!

- Bless you.

#3 2009-11-18 06:00:21

KCKclassic

i can already hear the bloggers typing away

Some people hate the English, I don't, they're just wankers. We, on the other hand, were colonized by wankers, Can't even pick a decent culture to be colonized by...

#4 2009-11-18 09:49:09

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

*Groan*

Board footer