You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-23 06:26:11

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

Wiki Wars !

Ivy against 'Trad'  -

I liked this from the Ivy page:

"I recall in Melbourne Australia "Ivy League" clothing as a rather smart line of apparel, which included cuffless light grey slacks in a 'serge' type material, which was teamed with buff coloured desert boots, a button down collared long sleeve shirt with a vertical stripe patterned in muted darkish colours (green, grey, burgundy, black, etc., in combinations). Jackets were also available in a check pattern (plaid, made up of dark green, grey and black (rather like one of the Scottish tartans). There was also vests that could be worn as well. Of course this ensemble was topped off with an "Ivy League" hair style........a shortish cut, with part, modest side burns and a tapered rear. Despite the colours the whole affect was 'muted, was 'loungish and very comfortable. I should have kept mine; though I would have trouble fitting into it now.

Incidentally, there was a TV program that I recall hosted by two guys, who's names were Delo & Daly, and that was the name of the show. I think they were from the U.S. and though I don't recall anything about the show, other than it was a sort of comic routine. However, I am fairly certain that one or both of them dressed in the Ivy League style. The period would have been in the late 1960's.

John P

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Ivy_League_(clothes)"

Check out the Ivy League (clothes) Wiki, you will note that it cites sources.

Here's 'Trad':

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Trad

No sources cited.

And here's it's discussion:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:American_Trad

"This entire entry is a put-on, a joke. It should be deleted. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 75.57.242.178 (talk) 03:27, 23 August 2009 (UTC)

Seconded. The "Ivy League" style in Traditional American menswear already has a Wikipedia entry. There is no need for this later, un-historic pastiche to be publicised here. This is a blatent attempt to give legitimacy to the work of Internet trolls. There is no real "American Trad" style. The style is called "Ivy League" by every other source. Delete this nonsense now. - AAACLoyal —Preceding unsigned comment added by 86.135.5.174 (talk) 12:16, 23 August 2009 (UTC)

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:American_Trad"

Last edited by Russell_Street (2009-08-23 06:30:16)

#2 2009-08-23 06:27:44

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

Re: Wiki Wars !

So... Which side are you on?

Mr. Chensvold, I note, is on the side of the angels on this one.

Well done him!

#3 2009-08-28 03:54:01

Horace

I believe the Ivy League Style (Clothing) is a later entry than American Trad.

Also that "cuffs" business is sort of rubbishy and unhistorical, I think.

""This is probably the last Deb season...because of the stock market, the economy, Everything..." - W. Stillman.

#4 2009-08-28 09:10:03

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

Agreed.

'Trad', being Internet trash for Internet trash, has really driven all this on the trashy Internet world of Wiki.

- Probably of most interest just now is the sucking in of non- Net.-Savvy people like Boyer. Mr. Chensvold, an iPerson to his fingertips, is wonderfully good at this. And you do actually have to admire that.

... He got Mr. Denis Black to make a plum out of himself too.

I await his iInterview with Harris...

#5 2009-08-28 09:12:24

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

Paul Winston got got too.

And Ken Pollock...

Christian is a neat iPlayer.

- Pure iScum.

Which is what works on this medium.

#6 2009-11-26 05:02:25

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

Interesting:

The Trads are now trying to say that Trad is an Ivy League revival on Wiki.

Really?

How so?

#7 2009-11-26 06:23:34

DB

Yawn

#8 2009-11-26 08:11:14

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

#9 2009-11-26 08:21:44

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

There's a nice split in The Trad just now - Those who want to see Trad as an Ivy revival & those who do not.

Both camps are of interest as this all unfolds...

... if you find this stuff of interest.

#10 2009-11-26 11:48:02

The Ace Face

Divide and conquer, good move.  There's also a third camp, Spycatcher and his immaculate elite of invisible agents engaged in a vague guerilla action against inferior, unnamed values and superior values being over run by an unnamed enemy.  No wonder he can't inform us of what music he digs.

Draped and sculpted hep cat suit - as worn by His Royal Hepness, Cab Calloway

#11 2009-11-27 02:17:20

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

Please could Trad be made into an Ivy revival?

I'd like that.

#12 2009-11-30 01:15:55

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

Oy!

Trad now kicked off the Ivy League Clothes Wiki too?

"(Pointless, stupid section removed)" - "The Sartorialist."

First Wiki deletes 'Trad' as not being real & now people are kicking 'Trad', the bastard offspring, away from its Ivy father?

... If we could only find a way to make 'Trad' worthwhile, then we could use it to promote Ivy without trolling...

Maybe?

One lives in hope.

Board footer