You are not logged in.

#1 2010-02-16 11:29:45

Big Mark

Stopped Lurking And Started Posting

Evening gents

I have been lurking on this forum for about 6 months now, being referred here by the 'Ivy' thread on Modculture.

Loving the attention to detail and dedication to the cause you all show on here-only really found my Ivy feet in the last year or so: I think the first time I remember the term 'Ivy' was mid 80's (James Spader et al, oxford baggies, beefrolls, OCBD's and blazers), and a friend of mine worked in 'Harringtons', Guidford, but recently I've realised my first exposure was the illustrations in Christian publications back when I was about 7 (stay with this, please-I went to a US influenced Catholic school): lots of wholesome pictures of clean cut mid 60's family units having picnics etc etc. Madras shirts aplenty.

I love the 'Trad', and find it fits with me (too heavy and getting middle aged for tonic suits), and the attention to detail is just as important.

Off to New York for my birthday on Thursday (Friday evening it's Birdland, Saturday the Lenox Lounge, and I'm finally visiting J Press and Brooks on Madison-I've only been an online customer so far). Can't wait for the first martini.

Any way, I look forward to posting and learning a bit, and maybe contributing a bit too.

All the best

Mark

"I think I had it in the back of my mind that I wanted to sound like a dry martini."  Paul Desmond

#2 2010-02-16 11:43:19

Taylor McIntyre
Son of Ivy...

Re: Stopped Lurking And Started Posting

Come on in, the tonic water's lovely -

Russ.

#3 2010-02-16 11:43:24

Alex Roest

Last edited by Alex Roest (2010-02-16 11:44:22)

#4 2010-02-16 11:45:54

Big Mark

Thanks, chaps-really appreciate the welcome.

Kind regards

Mark

"I think I had it in the back of my mind that I wanted to sound like a dry martini."  Paul Desmond

#5 2010-02-16 11:52:24

Tim

Sent you a PM mate, but welcome.. Enjoy New York, very jealous of you at the moment!

#6 2010-02-16 16:04:58

Big Mark

Thanks, Tim-got the PM and rsvp'd.

Speak soon

Mark

#7 2010-02-17 02:17:35

Moose Maclennan
Ivy Inspiration

Welcome Mark, great first post!

I'm envious of your NY trip, have a great time.

Don't tell me they call you Big Mark for the same reason they call me Moose (5' 5" tall...)? smile

#8 2010-02-17 02:20:12

The_Shooman
A pretty face

There's also a bloke that posts here; his name is Big Tony. Are you guys related? wink

#9 2010-02-17 02:24:36

Big Mark

big_smile

Almost certainly, mate.

Board footer